Zapier's Facebook Lead Ads can help you attract new subscribers by making it easy for Facebook users to sign up for your email marketing. When someone clicks on your Lead Ad, their contact information from Facebook is automatically added to the Lead Ad form. Facebook users can edit or add additional contact details.
In this article, you'll learn how to add subscribers to your Mailchimp audience with Facebook Lead Ads and Zapier's Lead Ads Zap.
This is a third-party integration created by Zapier. For technical assistance, reach out to Zapier Support.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- To complete this process, you'll need Mailchimp, Facebook, and Zapier accounts. Zapier is an integration application that will connect your Facebook Lead Ads to your Mailchimp account.
- Zapier's Facebook Leads Ads Zap is a Premium app. To use it, you'll need a Zapier paid plan.
- To complete this process, you'll set up a Lead Ad in Facebook and create a connecting Zap in Zapier, which will add new leads to your Mailchimp audience.
- Mailchimp offers a pre-built journey map for subscribers added with Zapier's Facebook Lead Ads. To learn more, visit the pre-built journey map preview page.
- This is a third-party integration created by Zapier. For technical assistance, reach out to Zapier Support.
- You can only add new Facebook leads to your Mailchimp audience. Previously collected leads can't be passed over to Zapier or Mailchimp. Instead, export a CSV file of any leads collected prior to setup and import them to your Mailchimp audience.
Set up your Facebook Lead Ad
To ensure you collect the most useful information from Facebook leads, the fields included in your Lead Ad form should match the fields in your Mailchimp audience. Information added to Lead Ad form fields that don't match the fields in your Mailchimp audience won't be passed over.
After you set up your Lead Ad, add groups to your Mailchimp audience to organize new leads so you can target them with email marketing later.
Add a Mailchimp group for new leads
Mailchimp tracks how subscribers are added to your audience on the contact profile. The signup source for any subscriber added with a Zap shows "Zapier."
If you use multiple Zaps to add subscribers to your Mailchimp audience, you'll need to use groups to organize zapped subscribers, so you can identify them later. Set up your groups first, and choose where to add your leads when you set up the Zap.
After you've added groups to your Mailchimp audience, log in to Zapier and set up the Facebook Lead Ads Zap to connect your Facebook and Mailchimp accounts.
Configure your Zap in Zapier
In your Zapier account, add a Facebook Lead Ads Zap and choose the Facebook Page and Lead Ad form you want to use. Be sure to test the connection between Mailchimp and Facebook to ensure your leads are added to your Mailchimp audience.
Your Mailchimp audience groups will automatically display as you build your Zap, so you can choose where to add your leads. You can add tags to existing subscribers within this step as well. To add a tag to new subscribers within the Zap, include a follow-up Add Subscriber to Tag in Mailchimp action.
After the Zap setup is complete, Zapier will add leads as subscribers to your Mailchimp audience, and organize them based on the groups and tags you chose.
For setup tips and instructions, read Zapier's guide to Facebook Lead Ads.
How to use leads with Mailchimp
After you've added leads to your audience, try other Mailchimp tools to target new subscribers with relevant email marketing.
If leads signed up in response to a giveaway or offer, use a pre-built Customer Journey to send a series of emails to your new subscribers.
Take a look at Facebook's blog for more examples of how Leads Ads can be used to connect with new customers.