Mailchimp's features and integrations allow you to create great looking campaigns and manage your audience.
In this article, you'll learn what you need to get started with Mailchimp, and how to sign up for a free account.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Mailchimp is a web-based application. While it doesn't require you to install or download software, your web browser needs to meet our requirements.
- You'll need to provide an email address that will be associated with the account. We'll use this email to communicate with you, so it should be an address that you have access to.
- You must include a physical mailing address in all emails. This can be any address where you can receive mail, like an office address or P.O. Box.
- All accounts start on our Free plan, so you don't need a credit card to sign up. If you choose to purchase add-ons or upgrade to a paid plan, we'll need your credit card information. We can't accept bank transfers, e-checks, or checks from users outside the United States.
Sign up for an account
To create your account, follow these steps.
- Navigate to Mailchimp's signup page.
- Type in your Email and Password, then click Sign Up.
- Next we'll display a confirmation message. Check your inbox for the account activation email to complete your account setup.
- Open the account activation email, then click Activate Account.
The signup process
In this section, you'll learn how we use this information.
The name associated with your account profile. The profile is unique to you and can have access to multiple Mailchimp accounts.
- Business name The name of your company or organization. It will appear on every email along with your physical mailing address.
- Phone number (optional) A mobile phone number. It can be used for account verification, recovery, and 2-factor authentication setup.
- Physical address The mailing address where you can receive mail. A physical address is required by law on any email you send out. Ideas for a physical address include your personal address, business address, or a P.O. Box.
- Organization questions
Details about your organization. These help us provide relevant content and guidance.
- Website URL
The website URL for your company, organization, or personal website. Provide your website so Mailchimp can help you automatically create on-brand content.
After you type in the information, follow the prompts to finish the activation process and get started in your new Mailchimp account.
After you activate your account, your homepage will show a personalized list of recommended next steps. Here are some other resources to get to know Mailchimp's features.
- Getting Started with Mailchimp
Get an overview of Mailchimp basics to get started.
- Verify your domain
Verification makes sure your From email address is hosted at a domain that you can access. If you want to send from a personal or company domain, you'll need to go through the verification process before you can send through Mailchimp.
It's best to send email campaigns with a personal or a company domain. Many free email providers have implemented DMARC authentication policies that affect the delivery of email campaigns that use a free provider's domain for the From email address.
- Add other people to your account
If you want multiple logins for your account, you can invite users. Set different levels of permission based on how much access you want each user to have.