You can sync customer and order data from QuickBooks Online to Mailchimp to use your financial data to support your marketing. Once your data is synced, you can use it to segment your audience and create custom messaging to get more customers or re-engage with existing ones.
In this article, you’ll learn how to connect and disconnect Mailchimp for QuickBooks Online.
Before you start
How it works
The Mailchimp QuickBooks Online integration syncs customer and order data to the Mailchimp audience of your choosing.
Once you’ve chosen the Mailchimp audience, your QuickBooks Online customer information syncs to Mailchimp as contacts in the audience. The contacts are tagged as having been imported from QuickBooks Online, which helps you identify them for targeted marketing efforts.
Connect Mailchimp for QuickBooks Online
To connect your Mailchimp and QuickBooks Online accounts, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Mailchimp integrations directory.
- Choose Mailchimp for QuickBooks Online.
- Select the Mailchimp audience you want to sync your QuickBooks Online customers to.
- Choose the status of the contacts you’ll be syncing to Mailchimp.
- Subscribed contacts have agreed to receive your marketing.
- Unsubscribed contacts have not opted into receiving marketing materials.
- Click Connect to QuickBooks.
- Enter your QuickBooks ID and password and click Sign In.
That’s it! Your accounts are connected and you’ll see a success message on the integration page.
Review your imported contacts
Once you’ve connected your accounts and your contacts have synced, you can review the changes to your audience.
To review your imported contacts, follow these steps.
- Click the Audience icon.
- On the Audience dashboard, scroll to review your recently updated contacts.
- You can also review your contacts by how they are tagged.
After you connect your QuickBooks Online account to Mailchimp, check out how to work with audience segments, automations, and email campaigns with the following articles and guides.
Disconnect QuickBooks Online
When you disconnect QuickBooks Online from your Mailchimp account, all customer updates are paused. Previously synced order and invoice data is deleted from Mailchimp, while customer data remains as Mailchimp contacts. Disconnecting does not affect any data stored in QuickBooks Online.
To disconnect QuickBooks Online, follow these steps.
- On the QuickBooks integration page, click Disconnect.
- On the pop-up modal, click Disconnect to confirm.