Pre-built journeys are designed to take the work out of building your own Customer Journey map from scratch. They include pre-selected starting points, journey points, and branches that help you accomplish specific marketing goals.
Intuit Assist makes generative AI available in some of our pre-built journeys so you can start a marketing automation in no time. Use an AI-powered pre-built journey to create fully designed, on-brand emails for your audience.
In this article, you'll learn how to access and create AI-powered pre-built journeys with Intuit Assist.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- This is a beta feature, and future updates may depend on user feedback. To share your thoughts or ask for assistance, contact support. As a beta release, Intuit Assist is still being developed and improved. Accordingly, not all features may work as expected and there may be occasional bugs or errors.
- This beta feature is available to customers with a Shopify, WooCommerce, Squarespace Commerce, Stripe, BigCommerce, Magento, or Square store. To view your e-commerce connections, check out the Integrations page.
- We recommend that you review the additional terms for Content Generator Beta before you send an email with generated content.
- Intuit Assist is included with the Standard plan or higher. To change your plan type, visit the plans page in your account.
- To use Intuit Assist, your account’s primary mailing address must be located in the United States.
Without limiting the scope of the acceptable use policy, you agree not to use Generative AI to:
- Create or send any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, pornographic, invasive of another’s privacy, or is otherwise objectionable;
- Create or send any content related to alcohol, tobacco, weapons, cannabis, vaping, health, or financial advice;
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent an affiliation with a person or entity (or create or send any content that does so);
- Use or attempt to use Generative AI (or Inputs or Outputs) for any purpose that is in violation of any applicable law, would create any legal obligations or liability for Mailchimp, or is otherwise an infringement on the rights of any person or entity;
- Modify, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or reproduce any of the Mailchimp licensed or owned software, systems, applications or components used; or
- Use deceptive, misleading, or unethical practices that are or might be detrimental to Mailchimp or the general public, such as to disseminate misinformation and/or malware.
Without limiting any right of Mailchimp, we may immediately suspend or terminate your access to Generative AI or any content generated thereon.
How it works
Intuit Assist is beta technology that we use to power the generative artificial intelligence (GenAI) tools in your Mailchimp account. With the click of a button, Intuit Assist will access your brand kit to generate content and add styles to your customer journey email. Once created, you can review the customized content in the journey email, choose to make edits, or turn your Customer Journey on right away.
Use Intuit Assist to quickly generate branded emails for the following pre-built journeys:
- Welcome new contacts
- Recover lost customers
- Recover abandoned carts
- Celebrate customer birthdays
- Send abandoned cart emails for specific products
- Celebrate sign-up anniversaries with your contacts
- Welcome contacts who subscribed via your popup form
- Target contacts who haven’t engaged with a specific email
- Inform customers when the price drops on an item in their cart
Access AI-powered journeys
To access AI-powered journeys from the Mailchimp dashboard, click Automations. On the Overview page, click the Get Started button to create a Welcome New Contacts pre-built journey.
To locate all of the pre-built journeys using Intuit Assist, scroll to the section titled AI-powered journeys. You can also access AI-powered pre-built journeys with the Create button on your Mailchimp dashboard.
Depending on your pricing plan, you may have limited access to pre-built journey maps.
Good job! You can now use the Customer Journey builder to customize your pre-built journey, or turn it on to start marketing to your customers.
Create an AI-powered journey email
Use Intuit Assist to create AI-generated journey email content that’s specific to your brand.
To generate the emails in your pre-built journey, follow these steps.
- Click Automations to navigate to the automation Overview page.
- On the Overview page, choose the AI-powered pre-built journey you want to work with by scrolling to the section titled AI-powered journeys.
- Use the Audience drop-down to select an audience to receive the journey. Depending on which pre-built journey you choose, you may need to select your store before an email can be generated.
- Click Continue.
Great! Once the email is generated, you can edit it or activate the journey to begin sending.
Now that you’ve created a journey email with Intuit Assist, learn about other tasks you can perform in your journey.