A permission reminder in your email campaign makes it clear where your recipients signed up for your list. In some cases, it can also help prevent you from mistakenly getting reported or blacklisted as a spammer. It's good to include this reminder as a refresher for your subscribers, especially if you don't send emails to your list on a regular basis. MailChimp automatically inserts your permission reminder into all our built-in templates for you with the *|LIST:DESCRIPTION|* merge tag.
In this article, you'll learn how to edit the permission reminder in your account.
Edit the Permission Reminder
To edit the permission reminder for your list, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Lists page
- Click the drop-down menu for the list, and choose Settings.
- On the Settings page, click Required email footer content.
- Make the changes you'd like to your permission reminder and click Save.
Edit the About Your List Page
Some MailChimp templates link to the About Your List page, which is a web version of your permission reminder.
To edit the About Your List page, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the drop-down menu next to the list you want to work with, and choose Signup Forms.
- Select Form builder.
- Click the Forms and response emails drop-down menu, and choose About Your List.
- Make any desired changes to the About Your List page in the Form Builder.