Use the Transactional Email demo to try out the Transactional API or SMTP with certain limitations.
Normally, Mailchimp Transactional is offered only as a paid add-on to a Mailchimp Standard or Premium Marketing plan. With the demo, you can try Mailchimp Transactional without having to upgrade your Marketing plan or purchase Transactional Email blocks.
To take advantage of the Mailchimp Transactional demo, you must:
Have an active Mailchimp account in good standing. The account can be free or paid, but cannot be paused or have a billing or compliance hold.
Be a new user of Mailchimp Transactional. If you’ve previously purchased transactional email blocks, or purchased a Mailchimp Transactional plan, you are not eligible.
The Mailchimp Transactional demo includes the following limitations:
- Each eligible Mailchimp account may only enroll in the demo once.
- You can send up to 500 transactional emails to any email address on your verified domain. Read more about domain verification and authentication here.
- You can send up to 25 emails in an hour and receive up to 100 inbound emails per day.
- The emails included with the demo do not expire or renew.
- Your transactional email history is stored for only 30 days. After that, you will not be able to see the contents of the transactional emails or to whom the emails were sent.
- You immediately lose access to the demo if:
- Your Mailchimp account is paused or closed.
- You have a compliance hold.
- You send 500 emails.
Try the Mailchimp Transactional demo
To try Mailchimp Transactional using the demo:
- Click Automations.
- Click Transactional Email.
- Click Try for free.
You’ll see the Demo Usage page. This is where you track the number of demo emails you have left, and where you can upgrade to a paid Mailchimp Transactional plan when you’re ready.
Now that you’ve added Transactional Email to your Mailchimp account, here are some resources to help you get started.
If you need a developer to help you implement Mailchimp Transactional, visit our Experts Directory.