Use the Transactional Email demo to try out the Transactional API or SMTP with certain limitations.
Normally, Mailchimp Transactional Email is offered only as a paid add-on to a Mailchimp Standard or higher account. With the demo, you can try Mailchimp Transactional without having to upgrade your Mailchimp account or buy transactional email blocks.
Additionally, for a limited time, if you’re on a free plan and you activate the Mailchimp Transactional demo, you can access Mailchimp’s email and chat support for 30 days after you activate your demo.
Note that the 30 days of free support end if you close your Mailchimp account.
Customers using a paid Mailchimp account receive email and chat support included with their plan.
To take advantage of the Mailchimp Transactional Demo, you must:
Have an active Mailchimp account - The account can be free or paid, but cannot be paused or have a compliance hold.
Be a new user of Mailchimp Transactional - If you’ve previously purchased transactional email blocks, you are not eligible.
The Mailchimp Transactional Demo includes the following limitations:
- Each eligible Mailchimp account may only enroll in the demo once.
- You can send up to 500 transactional emails to any email address on your verified domain. Read more about domain verification here.
- You can send up to 25 emails in an hour and receive up to 100 inbound emails per day.
- The emails included with the demo do not expire or renew.
- Your transactional email history is stored for only 30 days. After that, you will not be able to see the contents of the transactional emails or to whom the emails were sent.
- You immediately lose access to the demo if:
- Your Mailchimp account is paused or closed.
- You have a compliance hold.
- You send 500 emails.
Try the Mailchimp Transactional demo
To try Mailchimp Transactional using the demo:
Click the Automations icon.
Click Transactional Email.
- Click Try Our Demo.
Once you've made your selection, you can see the demo plan as part of your Mailchimp account and monitor the number of emails remaining in your demo account.
Check out the Transactional Email Quick Start Guide for next steps. If you need a developer to help you implement Transactional Email, visit our Experts Directory.