Mailchimp for Shopware 5 adds your customers and their order information to your Mailchimp account. Use Shopware 5 purchase data to send targeted campaigns, generate personalized product recommendations, track and measure campaign ROI, and more.
In this article, you'll learn how to connect and disconnect Mailchimp for Shopware 5.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you start this process.
- This integration works with versions of Shopware 5. To learn about working with Shopware 6, check out Use Mailchimp for Shopware 6.
- Shopware 5 customers sync to your Mailchimp account as non-subscribed contacts. To sync as subscribed, download and install the Mailchimp Shopware plugin.
- To change which audience syncs with Shopware 5, you’ll need to disconnect the integration and choose a new audience when you reconnect.
- The time it takes to sync will depend on the number of customers, products, orders in your store.
- Pop-up forms are not supported by the Shopware 5 integration at this time.
How it works
When you connect your Shopware 5 store to Mailchimp, we’ll add each of your Shopware customer email addresses and orders to your Mailchimp account. Orders will be stored in contact profiles and campaign reports.
You'll collect more contacts as more people purchase from you, and future orders will sync automatically. If you have the plugin installed, new subscribers will have the option to opt-in to your marketing.
Connect Shopware 5
To connect the Shopware 5 integration, follow these steps.
- In Mailchimp, navigate to the Mailchimp for Shopware listing and click Connect to Mailchimp.
- Enter your Mailchimp login credentials and click Log In.
- Review the connection details and click Allow.
- Enter your Shopware store URL and click Submit.
- Enter your Shopware username and API key, then click Submit.
- Choose the Shopware store and Customer Group you want to sync to Mailchimp and click Submit.
- Choose an existing Mailchimp audience and click Submit.
- Confirm that you have the Mailchimp Shopware plugin installed and click Submit. If the plugin is not installed, contacts will sync as non-subscribed and will only be able to receive transactional emails from your store.
- Choose how you want your customers to sync to Mailchimp and click Submit. You can have all customers automatically subscribe to your marketing or have your customers opt in by syncing them as transactional and subscribed contacts.
Nice! Your store will begin to sync to your Mailchimp account. The time it takes to sync will depend on the number of customers, products, and orders in your store. If you want to use Mailchimp’s abandoned cart features, the process requires a few more steps.
Add abandoned cart features
To add abandoned cart to your Shopware 5 store, follow these steps.
- From your Shopware settings, scroll to Advanced Integration Features.
- Acknowledge the Shopware terms and click Activate Abandoned Cart.
- Copy the script snippet and add it to your clipboard.
That’s it! You can now use Mailchimp’s abandoned cart automation.
View site details
In your Mailchimp account, you can visit the Integrations page to view the site details for your store, quickly see the status of the integration, or add and manage e-commerce tools.
Here you'll be able to view your synced audience, or add and monitor e-commerce automations that use data from your connected Shopware store.
Disconnect Shopware 5
To disconnect the integration, you will need to delete the connection in the Shopware app and remove Shopware’s authorization in Mailchimp.
Delete the integration in Shopware
To delete the Integration in Shopware 5, follow these steps.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click Delete Integration.
After your store is disconnected, you will need to remove Shopware’s API authorization in Mailchimp.
Remove Shopware in Mailchimp
To remove Shopware’s API access, follow these steps in your Mailchimp account.
- Log in to Mailchimp with a web browser.
Click your profile icon and choose Account.
Click the Extras drop-down menu and choose API keys.
- In the Authorized applications section, click the X next to Shopware.
That’s it! After you’ve revoked API key access, Shopware will be disconnected.