Mailchimp for Shopware 6 adds your customers, products, and promo codes to your Mailchimp account. Use Shopware purchase data to send targeted campaigns, generate personalized product recommendations, track and measure campaign ROI, and more.
In this article, you'll learn how to connect and disconnect Mailchimp for Shopware 6.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you start this process.
- The Shopware integration works with versions of Shopware 6. To learn about working with Shopware 5, check out Use Mailchimp for Shopware 5.
- With the Shopware 6 integration, you can sync multiple Shopware sales channels to one or more Mailchimp audiences.
- The Shopware 6 integration now supports syncing promo codes into Mailchimp. Only fixed promo codes (Absolute or Percentage types) are currently supported. Promo codes are synced once per day.
- The time it takes to sync will depend on the number of customers, products, and orders in your store.
- Pop-up forms aren't currently supported by the Shopware integration.
How it works
When you connect your Shopware 6 store to Mailchimp, we’ll add each of your Shopware customer email addresses and orders to your Mailchimp account. Orders will be stored in contact profiles and campaign reports.
You'll collect more contacts as more people purchase from you, and future orders will sync automatically.
Connect Shopware 6
To connect the Shopware 6 integration, follow these steps.
In Mailchimp, navigate to the Shopware integration page and click Connect Shopware 6.
On the Shopware store page, click Add to shopping cart.
Click Proceed to checkout.
Log into your Shopware account, review the order, accept the Terms and Conditions, and click Send order.
Once the order is complete, open your Shopware 6 shop dashboard, click Extensions, and then choose My extensions.
Find the Mailchimp for Shopware 6 entry, and click Install app.
On the pop-up modal, review the permissions you’ll be granting the Mailchimp for Shopware 6 app and click Accept and install.
- Click Open app.
- Enter your Mailchimp account details and click Log In.
- Review the authorization details and click Allow.
Select the Shopware 6 sales channel and Mailchimp audience you want to connect then click Save New Connection.
Choose how to synchronize your customers and click Create New Connection.
That’s it! Your sales channel will begin to sync to your Mailchimp audience.
Host Shopware 6 on your own server
If you're hosting Shopware 6 yourself instead of using a cloud or managed hosting service, you'll need to verify and update some additional settings. Check the following settings so that Mailchimp and Shopware 6 can connect properly.
- Make sure you have a valid SSL certificate for your website to keep your users’ data safe. Use an online “SSL test” to verify your SSL Certificate is valid.
- Make sure your domain and your server are reachable from an external source. The user-agent Mailchimp uses to connect is Mailchimp-Shopware6.
- There’s an environment variable on your server called __APP_URL__. This URL should be set to a https-enabled domain. This variable on your server is sent to Mailchimp so that the application always knows what the correct URL is.
- If your APP_URL is already set up, you can migrate this variable to a different domain. You can learn more with this Shopware guide.
- You can check if the shop is reachable when you use the APP_URL. We expose the APP_URL when you open Mailchimp and Shopware 6 will inform you if the shop is not reachable.
- Make sure that you don’t have any restrictions on the API endpoints from Shopware. The API path should also be built as: example.com+/api
To learn more about hosting apps with Shopware, check out their hosting guide. If you need additional assistance while using Shopware with Mailchimp, talk to your developer or hire a Mailchimp Expert.
View site details
In your Mailchimp account, you can visit the Integrations page to view the site details for your store, quickly see the status of the integration, or add and manage e-commerce tools.
Here you'll be able to view your synced audience, or add and monitor e-commerce automations that use data from your connected Shopware store.
Once you’ve connected your Shopware 6 store to a Mailchimp audience, check out the following articles for more information about working with Mailchimp audiences and campaigns.
Disconnect Shopware 6
To disconnect the integration, you'll need to delete the connection from the Shopware 6 dashboard.
To delete the Shopware 6 integration, follow these steps.
Navigate to your Shopware 6 shop dashboard, click Extensions, and then choose My extensions.
Find the Mailchimp for Shopware 6 entry, and click the ... icon.
Choose Cancel and remove.
On the pop-up modal, confirm your decision by clicking Cancel and remove.
That’s it! Your Shopware 6 integration is disconnected.