Mailchimp for Lightspeed adds your store customers and their order details to your Mailchimp audience. Use Lightspeed data to send order notifications, create targeted e-commerce campaigns, and more.
In this article, you’ll learn how to connect and disconnect Mailchimp for Lightspeed.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
If you’re planning to link both a retail and an e-commerce store, you’ll need a separate login ID and password for each. Check out the Lightspeed Help Center to learn how to create separate credentials.
How it works
Customers who opt in to your audience at checkout are imported as subscribed contacts, while customers who choose not to receive marketing emails will appear as non-subscribed contacts. Non-subscribed contacts won’t receive marketing emails, but they’re eligible to receive transactional emails.
You'll collect contacts as new people purchase from you, and future orders will sync to Mailchimp automatically. New subscribers will follow the opt-in settings for the connected audience. If you have double opt-in enabled, new subscribers will receive a confirmation email before being added.
Connect Mailchimp for Lightspeed
To connect your Mailchimp and Lightspeed accounts, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Mailchimp for Lightspeed. integration page.
- Choose the tile that corresponds to the location of your Lightspeed store and click Continue. Note that the North America server also hosts stores in South America and Australia.
- Choose log in, enter your Mailchimp username and password, and then click Log In.
- Click Allow to connect Lightspeed to Mailchimp.
- On the Connections page, choose your store type.
You can connect one store type, either retail POS, e-commerce, or both. The following sections walk you through how to do each. Then, we’ll show you how to choose a Mailchimp audience to sync with your Lightspeed customers.
Connect a Retail POS store
To connect a retail POS store, follow these steps:
- In your Lightspeed account, click the Retail POS tile on the Connections page.
- Enter your Lightspeed login credentials and click Sign In.
- On the Mailchimp for Lightspeed authorization page, review the access rights that will apply and click Authorize Application.
- You’ll return to the Connections page. If you don’t want to connect an e-commerce store, you can continue to connect a Mailchimp audience.
Connect an e-commerce store
To connect an e-commerce store, follow these steps:
- In your Lightspeed account, click the eComm POS tile on the Connections page.
- Enter your Store ID and click Connect.
- Enter the email address and password associated with your e-commerce store and click Next.
- Review the terms and click Grant access.
- You’ll return to the Connections page where you can choose a Mailchimp audience to sync with.
Choose a Mailchimp audience to sync
Once you have your Lightspeed store connected to Mailchimp, follow these steps to choose the Mailchimp audience to sync with your customers:
- In Lightspeed, navigate to the Connections page and click Setup.
- Choose a Mailchimp audience, then click Continue.
- Click Finish.
That’s it! Mailchimp for Lightspeed will now send your customer and order data to Mailchimp. The time it takes to sync will depend on your store data. You’ll see the status of the sync on the Connection page.
After you connect your Lightspeed account to Mailchimp, visit the Integrations page in your Mailchimp account to view the status of the integration and get started with some of our e-commerce features.
Find out what Mailchimp has to offer with these guides.
When you disconnect Lightspeed from your Mailchimp audience, all Lightspeed data will also be removed from your account.
To disconnect Lightspeed, follow these steps.
- Log in to your Mailchimp account.
- Click Integrations.
- Click Manage.
- Choose the Lightspeed listing to see your integration details.
- Click Manage Your Sites.
- Click Disconnect.
- In the Are You Sure? modal, click Disconnect.
Remove API access for Lightspeed
Once Lightspeed has been disconnected, follow these steps to revoke API key access.
- In your Mailchimp account, click Integrations.
- Click Manage.
- Scroll to Authorized applications.
- Click the X next to the Lightspeed application.
- In the pop-up modal, type DELETE, and then click Delete to confirm your action.
Your Lightspeed account is now disconnected from Mailchimp.