Mailchimp for Lightspeed adds your store customers and their order details to your Mailchimp audience. Use Lightspeed data to send order notifications, create targeted e-commerce campaigns, and more.
In this article, you’ll learn how to connect and disconnect Mailchimp for Lightspeed.
Before you start
- This integration requires a Lightspeed Retail or Lightspeed eCommerce account.
- Lightspeed syncs to only one Mailchimp audience at a time.
- Abandoned Cart emails are available with Lightspeed eCommerce, but are not available for Retail.
If you’re planning to link both a Retail and an eCommerce store, you’ll need a separate login ID and password for each. Check the Lightspeed documentation for how to create separate credentials.
How it works
Customers who opt in to your audience at checkout are imported as subscribed contacts, while customers who choose not to receive marketing emails will appear as non-subscribed contacts. They are still eligible to receive transactional emails. You'll collect more contacts as new people purchase from you, and future orders will sync automatically. New subscribers will follow the opt-in settings set for the connected audience. If you have double opt-in enabled, new subscribers will receive a confirmation email before being added.
Connect Mailchimp for Lightspeed
To connect your Mailchimp and Lightspeed accounts, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Mailchimp for Lightspeed. integration page.
- Choose the tile that corresponds to the location of your Lightspeed store and click Connect. Note that the North America server also hosts stores in South America and Australia.
- Choose Login, enter your Mailchimp ID and password, and then click Login.
- Click Allow to connect Lightspeed to Mailchimp. You’ll see the Connections page, where you can choose the type of the store you want to connect to Mailchimp.
The following sections show you how to connect retail POS stores and eCommerce stores. You can connect one or the other or both. Then, we’ll show you how to choose a Mailchimp audience to sync with your Lightspeed store customers.
Connect a Retail POS store
To connect a retail POS store, follow these steps:
- On the Connections page, click the Retail POS tile, enter your Lightspeed login credentials and click Sign in.
- On the Mailchimp for Lightspeed authorization page, review the access rights that will apply and click Authorize Application.
- You’ll return to the Connections page. If you don’t want to connect an eCommerce store, you can continue to Connect a Mailchimp audience.
Connect an eCommerce store
To connect an eCommerce store, follow these steps:
- On the Connections page, click the eCom POS tile, enter your eCom Store ID and click Connect.
- Enter the email address and password associated with your eCommerce store and click Next.
- Review the terms and click Grant access.
- You’ll return to the Connections page where you can continue with choosing a Mailchimp audience to sync with.
Choose a Mailchimp audience to sync
Once you have your Lightspeed store connected to Mailchimp, follow these steps to choose the Mailchimp audience to sync with your customers:
- In the left menu on the Connections page, click Setup.
- Choose the Mailchimp audience you want to sync with and click Continue.
- Click Finish.
That’s it! Mailchimp for Lightspeed will now send your customer and order data to Mailchimp. The time it takes to sync will depend on your store data. You’ll see the status of the sync on the Connection page.
After you connect your Lightspeed account to Mailchimp, visit the Integrations page in your Mailchimp account to view the status of the integration and get started with some of our e-commerce features.
Find out what Mailchimp has to offer with these guides.
When you disconnect Lightspeed from your Mailchimp audience, all Lightspeed data will also be removed from your account.
To disconnect Lightspeed and revoke API key access, follow these steps.
- Log in to your Mailchimp account.
Click the Integrations icon.
Choose the Lightspeed listing to see your integration details.
- Click Disconnect.
- In the Are You Sure? modal, click Continue.
- Choose a reason you want to disconnect your integration, and click Disconnect.
Click your profile icon and choose Account.
Click the Extras menu and choose API keys.
- In the Authorized applications section, find Lightspeed and click the X icon.
Your Lightspeed account is now disconnected from Mailchimp.