Connect your Drupal site to your Mailchimp account and sync your audiences, email campaigns, events, and sign-up forms to your Drupal site.
If you want to connect your store to Mailchimp, check out Connect or Disconnect Mailchimp E-commerce for Drupal.
In this article, you'll learn how to connect or disconnect Mailchimp for Drupal.
Before you start
Here are some things you should know about Mailchimp for Drupal.
- To connect Mailchimp for Drupal, you must have an active Drupal site. Mailchimp for Drupal supports Drupal 8, Drupal 9, and Drupal 10.
- This is an advanced feature recommended for users familiar with installing Drupal modules. Contact your Drupal expert or developer if you need assistance.
- This integration is compatible with our Marketing API version 3.0.
To use Mailchimp for Drupal, you’ll install a module in your Drupal account and configure it to work with your site. Then, you’ll authorize the integration to connect to your Mailchimp account and configure your Mailchimp data like audiences, forms, and pages.
Here's a brief overview of the multi-step installation process.
- Download, install, and configure the Mailchimp module in your Drupal website. This process varies based on the version of Drupal you use.
- Sign into your Mailchimp account and authorize the connection to Drupal.
- Sync your Drupal user data to your Mailchimp account.
To connect Mailchimp for Drupal, you’ll need to first download the Mailchimp module for your version of Drupal and install it in your Drupal website. Drupal provides information on installing modules in the Installation Notes section of the module’s homepage and the Installation section of the module’s README.md.
If you need help with this, take a look at Drupal’s documentation for installing modules. Or, contact your Drupal expert or developer.
After you've installed the proper module, you’ll authorize it to work with your Mailchimp audience, campaigns, forms, and pages.
Connect and authorize
After you successfully install and configure the modules in Drupal you’ll authorize your connection. Then, you'll sync your data between the two apps.
To authorize your connection, follow these steps.
- In your Drupal account, navigate the Global Settings tab and check the box for Use OAuth Authentication. Leave all other settings as they are.
- Click Save configuration.
- Next, click the OAuth Settings tab.
- Enter a domain or leave the default value.
- Click Authenticate.
- On the pop-up modal, input your Mailchimp credentials and click Log In.
- Review the connection details and click Allow.
Great job! We’ll begin syncing your data between Drupal and Mailchimp.
To verify your site is connected properly, navigate to the Manage Integrations page in your Mailchimp account and make sure your Drupal site appears there.
Now that you've connected Mailchimp for Drupal, check out these guides to learn more about Mailchimp.
Disconnect Mailchimp for Drupal
To disconnect Mailchimp for Drupal, follow these steps.
- In your Drupal account, follow the standard Drupal procedure to uninstall a module. You can use either Drush or the administrative interface.
- Remove the code of the module, either with Composer or by manually deleting its subdirectory in your Drupal site’s
- In your Mailchimp account, click Integrations.
- Click Manage.
- On the Manage Integrations page, click Other connections to expand the list. You may need to scroll to see this link.
- Click the X next to the Mailchimp for Drupal application.
- In the pop-up modal, type DELETE, and then click Delete to confirm your action.