Create a Facebook ad in 3 steps
TIME: 30 minutes
- Target people with similar interests.
- Tip: You’ve collected a lot of information about your existing customers, now you have the opportunity to put that data to work for your business. Facebook analyzes the profiles of the contacts on your Mailchimp list, then creates a lookalike audience based on shared interests, behaviors, and demographics.
- Design your ad, complete with your website URL.
- Tip: Choosing the right image for your Facebook ad can make all the difference. Our cheat sheet will help you select an image that looks great and leads to conversions.
- Set your budget.
- Tip: Your budget represents the maximum amount of money you want to pay to run your ad. You can choose to spend any amount you’d like—even as little as $5—and you’ll only be charged for each person that clicks your ad.
Create A Facebook Ad
Measuring your success
After publishing your pop-up form and Facebook ad, monitor your reports to keep track of your progress and learn exactly how many new people join your list. Once you have a baseline, consider adjusting your messaging, timing, and other variables to see how your conversion rate is affected.
Bonus: Turn on a welcome series
Now that you’ve got the pieces in place to start growing your list, you’re ready to create a welcome email that automatically sends when new people subscribe. You can use this email to offer a discount or exclusive content, promote your newest or best-selling products, or simply thank new subscribers for their interest in your business.