Customize your embedded signup form’s content and settings to fit your marketing needs.
In this article, you'll learn how to customize your embedded signup form.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- This article tells you how to customize your embedded form. To learn how to generate an embed code and add your form to your website, check out Add an Embedded Signup Form to Your Website.
- To match your form's visual elements to the design of your website, you'll need to modify the form’s code outside of Mailchimp.
- Before you can add an SMS opt-in to your embedded signup form, you’ll need to submit an application and be approved. SMS Marketing is available as an add-on feature for customers in the United States with the Essentials plan or higher.
Customize your embedded form
There are 4 menus within the embedded form builder: Form Fields, Settings, Tags, and Referral Badge.
Enable, disable, or rearrange specific audience fields to manage what appears on your embedded form and in what order. Enter a display name or help text to customize your form experience for contacts. A preview of your embedded form populates after you make any changes.
To enable or disable a form field, toggle the field name slider on or off. To rearrange your form fields, click the dot icon next to a form field, and drag it into the desired position within the list. When a form field is re-enabled, it automatically moves above your disabled fields. When a form field is disabled, it moves to its original position.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when you work with embedded form fields.
- The Email address field is required and can’t be disabled or edited.
- You can edit the display name for the Address field, but not the help text. Default help text is automatically used for the Address field.
- Enable the SMS phone number field to add an SMS opt-in. Any contact who completes your embedded form with an SMS opt-in is added to your associated audience as a subscribed SMS contact.
- The SMS phone number field is specific to Mailchimp’s SMS Marketing, and it’s different from the Phone number field. To collect SMS marketing consent from new contacts, enable the SMS phone number field. If you want to collect phone numbers from email contacts, enable the Phone number field.
- Contacts must agree to the legal checkbox that appears on your embedded form when you enable the SMS phone number field. The legal checkbox is required and can’t be edited.
Automatically tag any contact who signs up via your embedded form. Assign an existing tag or add a new tag. To learn more about how to use tags to manage your audience, check out Getting Started with Tags.
Select whether or not to include a Mailchimp Referral badge and which style to use. The Referral badge is required for Free accounts.
Now that you’ve customized the embedded form, you’re ready to generate the form code! Check out Add an Embedded Signup Form to Your Website.