Use Mailchimp for Wix to automatically import your Wix data to your Mailchimp account so you can create multi-channel marketing campaigns, organize your customers with segmentation tools, and use Mailchimp automations and customer journeys to stay in contact with your customers and subscribers.
Once you’ve connected Mailchimp for Wix, we’ll automatically refresh your data so your accounts are always in sync.
Note: The account sync works from Wix to Mailchimp. This means we’ll sync any changes in your Wix account to your Mailchimp account. Changes in your Mailchimp account won’t be synced to your Wix account.
In this article, you'll learn how to connect, manage, and disconnect Mailchimp for Wix. We’ll also point you to some next steps you can take once you’ve connected.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- To access the features of this integration, you’ll need a Wix account. You can use Mailchimp for Wix with a Wix e-commerce account or Wix blogs, portfolios, and websites. If you don’t have a Wix account, you can create one during the connection process.
- Learn more about contacts, including what types of communication they can receive and how they can affect your pricing plan.
Connect Mailchimp for Wix
Mailchimp for Wix uses the same connection process for e-commerce and other Wix accounts. We’ll sync your data based on the Wix account you select when you connect the integration.
To connect your Wix account to Mailchimp, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Mailchimp for Wix page.
- Click Connect and then click Continue on the pop-up modal to begin the connection process.
- If you’re not already signed into your Wix account, you’ll be prompted to do so now. If you don’t yet have a Wix account, click Sign Up to create one. Once you’ve logged into your Wix account you’ll see a message describing the account permissions you’ll be granting to this integration. Review this information, and then click Agree and Add to continue the connection process.
The screen shown describes the data accessed for a Wix e-commerce account. It will vary for other types of Wix accounts.
- Next, click Continue to connect to your Mailchimp account. If you’re not logged into your Mailchimp account, you’ll be prompted to do so.
- Once you’ve signed into both your Wix and Mailchimp accounts, it’s time to review the types of data you want us to sync and make adjustments if necessary. To start, click Importing all contact types from Wix and select the contact types you want to sync. Once you’re satisfied with your choice, click Save.
Consider this carefully, as your pricing plan includes an upper limit to the number of contacts you can maintain. If you exceed this limit, you’ll see an additional charge on your monthly bill. Learn more about Learn more about contacts and pricing plans.
- Next, click Mapping Wix data to default audience fields to review how your Wix data is matched to the default Mailchimp audience fields. If necessary, click the list arrow in the Wix data column and select a new field, and then click in the Mailchimp column to select the corresponding mapped field. Click Save once you’ve completed your review.
- Click Sync now.
Excellent! We’ll begin syncing your data between Wix and Mailchimp. Your dashboard will display the status and types of information we’ve synced.
The screen shows a connection with a Wix e-commerce store. It will vary for other types of Wix accounts.
After you connect Mailchimp for Wix, you can import your brand assets, start creating marketing campaigns, and set up customer journeys to automatically stay in touch with your customers. For more information, check out the following guides and tutorials.
Managing Mailchimp for Wix
Once you’ve connected Mailchimp for Wix, you can view your connection details and manage the information you’re syncing.
To manage Mailchimp for Wix, follow these steps.
- Click Integrations, then click Manage.
- Select Wix.
- On the Manage Integration page, you’ll see details about your synced information and recommendations for next steps you can take. Scroll to Sync settings to review the Wix site you’re connected to and the Mailchimp audience you’re syncing to. To review and manage your contact and field information, click Manage sync settings.
- Click Import selected contact types from Wix to review the categories of contacts you’re syncing with this connection. Click Back when you're finished.
- Click Map Wix contact data to audience fields to review and manage how you’re mapping fields from Wix to Mailchimp contact fields. To change the Wix field mapped to a Mailchimp field, click the field in the Wix column and select the new field. Click Save when you're finished, then click Sync now to update your audience.
Disconnect Mailchimp for Wix
When you disconnect Mailchimp for Wix, your data stops syncing and your Wix data is deleted from your Mailchimp account. Disconnecting does not affect any data in your Wix account.
To disconnect your Wix account from your Mailchimp account, follow these steps.
- Click Integrations, then click Manage.
- Select Wix.
- On the Manage Integration page, click Manage App and then choose Disconnect site.
- In the pop-up modal, type DELETE then click Disconnect Now.
That’s it! You’ve successfully disconnected Mailchimp for Wix. To reconnect, follow the steps to connect your account.