Connect Mailchimp with Canva to import designs into Mailchimp’s Content Studio.
In this article, you'll learn how to connect, disconnect, and use the Canva integration.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- To access the features of this integration, you’ll need to have a Canva account.
- If you use this integration with a free Canva account, there may be some design templates you cannot access.
How it works
When you finish designing a template in Canva, you can pass your finished design directly into Mailchimp. Your design will import into Mailchimp as a .JPG image so you can access it in the Content Studio. You can use this design in your email campaigns, automated emails, social posts, ads, and with other Mailchimp features.
To connect a Canva account to Mailchimp, follow these steps.
- Log into your Canva account.
- Click on any design template to visit the template editor.
- In the template editor, click on the Download drop-down and scroll to the Mailchimp integration. This drop-down may be labeled Print depending on the design you choose.
- Click the Connect Mailchimp button.
- Enter your Mailchimp login credentials and click Log In.
After you log in, you’ll be directed back to the Canva app.
You’re all set! Now you can import your designs from Canva directly into Mailchimp’s Content Studio.
Import Canva designs
To import Canva designs, follow these steps.
- Open any finalized Canva template in the template editor.
- Click on the Download drop-down and scroll to select the Mailchimp option. This drop-down may be labeled Print depending on the design you choose.
- Click the Save button.
Excellent! Your image will begin to sync to Mailchimp. The image will be available for your use in the Content Studio.
After you set up the integration, use the Content Studio to add your Canva designs to your Mailchimp campaigns.
To learn more about Mailchimp’s design tools, find out what we have to offer in these guides.
If you need to disconnect the integration, you can remove Canva at any time.
To disconnect Canva, follow these steps.
- Click your profile icon and choose Account.
- Click the Extras drop-down and select API Keys.
- In the Authorized applications section, find Canva and click the X icon.
That’s it! After you’ve revoked API key access, Canva will be disconnected. We'll display a success message at the top of the screen.