Connect your Mailchimp account to Calendly to automatically add your Calendly invitees with your Mailchimp audience. You can tag your contacts from Calendly to send targeted messages and marketing.
In this article, you’ll learn how to connect your Calendly account to Mailchimp.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you start.
- This integration requires a Calendly Pro account.
- To avoid spam reports and abuse complaints, be sure to have permission to send email marketing to your Calendly contacts.
How it works
First, you’ll log in to your Calendly account and set up the Mailchimp integration. After you authorize the connection, you’ll create a rule to determine when to add a Calendly invitee to your Mailchimp audience. For example, you could add invitees who schedule a 30 minute meeting, and then use Mailchimp to send them appointment reminders or updates.
When an invitee meets the conditions of your rule, they’ll automatically join your audience as a subscribed contact unless they’re in a country regulated by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Invitees in a GDPR-regulated country will join your audience as non-subscribed contacts.
To connect Calendly to Mailchimp, follow these steps.
- Log into your Calendly account.
- Click Integrations.
- Find and click the Mailchimp listing.
- Click Connect Mailchimp.
- Enter your Mailchimp login credentials and click Log In.
- After you accept the terms and conditions, click Allow.
Well done! Now your Mailchimp account is connected to Calendly. To add invitees to your Mailchimp audience, you need to complete a few more steps.
Create a rule
To create a rule that adds invitees to your audience, follow these steps.
- Click Create a Rule.
- Choose an event type.
- Next, choose the audience you want to add your invitees to.
- Optional: Choose tags to apply to your invitees. If you want to use a new tag, you’ll need to create it in your Mailchimp audience first.
- Click Save.
That's it! Invitees will be added to your Mailchimp audience when they meet the rule criteria.
After you connect Calendly, use Mailchimp to send meeting and calendar updates to your invitees. Check out these guides to help you get started.
If the integration is not syncing the way you intended, you may want to troubleshoot by disconnecting the integration and reconnecting. Keep in mind that any rules created with the integration will be deleted.
To disconnect Calendly from Mailchimp, follow these steps.
- In your Calendly account, click Integrations.
- Click Mailchimp to access the Mailchimp listing.
- Click Disconnect.
- In the pop-up modal, click Disconnect to confirm.
That’s it. Your Calendly account will now be disconnected from Mailchimp and contacts will no longer be added to your audience. To reconnect, follow the installation instructions.