Use the Link Preview app to add stylized image or text previews to your marketing email. Add a preview image or description to your marketing email that’s pulled directly from any URL.
In this article, you’ll learn how to connect and disconnect the Link Preview app.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- You must be using the new email builder to use this app. For more information about the new builder, check out Design an Email with the New Builder.
- There’s no need for a third-party connection to use the Link Preview app.
How it works
The Link Preview app adds previews of linked articles, images, or videos to your marketing email. The app helps you save time and drive engagement by generating previews that include images and text retrieved from a URL that you provide.
Connect Link Preview
Connect Link Preview to your Mailchimp account through the app detail page, or the Apps content block in the new email builder.
From the app detail page
To connect Link Preview from the app detail page, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Link Preview app detail page.
- Click Connect.
That’s it! You can now add stylized link previews to marketing emails created in the new email builder.
From the new email builder
To connect the Link Preview app from the new email builder, follow these steps.
- Within the new email builder, Select the Apps content block. Click and drag it onto your email template.
- In the Select App sidebar, click the plus sign to expand the Link Preview option.
- Click Connect.
That’s it! You’ll now see the Link Preview settings. Add a source URL, choose a block size, and toggle the image, description, or show background sliders on or off to control what displays in your marketing email.
After you connect Link Preview, learn more about the content block types available in the new email builder and about how your content performs in campaign reports.
Disconnect Link Preview
When you disconnect the Link Preview app from your Mailchimp account, there’s no immediate impact to your email content. Any content added with the Link Preview app remains in place until you remove the Link Preview content block from a marketing email.
To disconnect the Link Preview app, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Link Preview integration page.
- Click Disconnect.