Mailchimp for BigCommerce is a free integration that adds your customers and their order information to your Mailchimp audience. Use BigCommerce purchase data to send targeted email campaigns with product recommendations, and turn on e-commerce tracking to measure campaign ROI.
In this article, you'll learn how to connect or disconnect Mailchimp for BigCommerce.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Mailchimp for BigCommerce adds your e-commerce customers and their purchase data to your Mailchimp audience.
- Pop-up forms, product retargeting emails, and abandoned cart emails require the latest version of Mailchimp for BigCommerce.
- If you create an Order Notifications automation, you'll need to disable your corresponding notifications in BigCommerce to avoid sending duplicate emails to your customers.
- To disable the "I'd like to receive your newsletter" checkbox that appears at the bottom of your store checkout page, go to the Newsletter Settings section of your BigCommerce dashboard.
- To view the e-commerce features supported by this integration, visit the BigCommerce listing in your account.
- This integration is compatible with our API version 3.0.
- The time it takes to sync depends on account data and the number of orders in your store.
How it works
Mailchimp for BigCommerce syncs your customer data to your Mailchimp audience. Customers who sign up to your newsletter will be added as subscribed contacts, eligible to receive any type of marketing. Customers who choose not to receive marketing emails will appear as non-subscribed contacts. Their order information will also appear in the Activity Feed on their contact profile. Use order information to send targeted campaigns and sell more stuff.
To fully install the integration, you'll need to connect your store to Mailchimp, select the audience you want to sync with, and choose your sync settings. Depending on your theme, you may also need to install scripts to enable Mailchimp e-commerce features.
Connect Mailchimp for BigCommerce
To connect your store to Mailchimp, follow these steps.
- Log in to your BigCommerce store.
- Click Apps.
- Click Marketplace.
- Search or browse to locate Mailchimp, and click the Mailchimp logo.
- Agree to the BigCommerce terms and click Confirm.
- Click Connect.
- Input your Mailchimp login credentials, and click Log In.
- Choose the audience you want to sync with and click Next.
- Map your BigCommerce data to your available Mailchimp merge tags.
- Click Start Sync.
That’s it! If your store uses a Blueprint theme platform, this process requires a few extra steps. To finish installation, you’ll need to add a script to your BigCommerce store. Where you’ll add the script varies depending on the type of theme your store uses.
To install the script for your Blueprint theme, follow these steps. If you need assistance, contact your developer or store admin.
- Copy the script.
- Click Storefront to access your BigCommerce theme.
- On your current theme, click Edit HTML/CSS under Advanced Options.
- Paste your script in the footer.html section and click Save.
All set! After you’ve added the script, return to the Mailchimp for BigCommerce app and click Validate Script to verify that you’ve set everything up correctly and complete installation.
View site details
After you connect BigCommerce, visit the Integrations page in your account to view details for your store. Here, you can see the status of the integration, add and manage e-commerce features like abandoned cart automation, order notifications, retargeting emails, and more.
After you connect to BigCommerce, you can do a lot with the data you collect, like build segments, send automations, track campaign purchases, and view results.
Find out everything Mailchimp has to offer with our guides.
Disconnect Mailchimp for BigCommerce
To disconnect Mailchimp for BigCommerce, follow these steps.
- In your BigCommerce account, click Apps.
- Click My Apps.
- Search or browse to locate Mailchimp, and click Uninstall.
That's it! Your BigCommerce store will be disconnected from Mailchimp.
If your store uses a Blueprint theme and you have installed the Mailchimp for BigCommerce script, you will need to remove the script to completely disconnect.