Customer Journey rules determine a contact's pace and path in your journey map. Use percentage split rules to divide your contacts into two separate journey paths and experiment with different marketing strategies for your audience. We’ll randomly split your contacts into paths ‘A’ or ‘B’ when they reach this rule in your map, depending on the percentages you choose.
For example, use a percentage split rule as an A/B test to determine whether a Free Shipping or 10% Off email is more successful. Or, test different subject lines or email designs to see which one results in more activity from your audience. You can even experiment with time delay rules by sending one email right away, and the other after a delay.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use a percentage split rule.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Percentage split rules are branching points, and require a Standard marketing plan or higher. To find out what features are included in each of our marketing plans, check out our pricing page.
- To learn more about how Customer Journeys work and what you can do with your marketing plan, check out About Customer Journeys.
- Our pre-built journey maps use default starting points, rules, and actions. To learn more, check out Use Pre-Built Journey Maps.
Add a percentage split rule
To add a percentage split rule to a journey map, follow these steps.
- Hover over the plus icon (+) on the step where you want the split to occur, then click Add a journey point.
- In the action panel, click Percentage split.
- Click and drag the sliding icon to the left or right to set the percentages.
- Click Save.
Well done! Next, consider using the separate paths to A/B test different email content by adding a send email or send email with a survey action. If you find that one path is more successful than the other over a period of time, edit the percentages to send 100% of all future contacts towards your preferred path.