Customer Journey actions perform marketing or organizational tasks in your journey map. Use send email with a survey actions to learn a bit about your audience. Include your Mailchimp survey in an email you design with our new builder.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use a send email with a survey action.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- To learn more about Customer Journeys, how they work, and what you can do based on your marketing plan, check out About Customer Journeys.
- If you’re new to Mailchimp’s survey tool, check out Create a Survey.
- In order to use this action, you’ll design the email using the new builder. To learn more, check out Design an Email with the New Builder.
- Our pre-built journey maps use default starting points, rules, and actions. To learn more, check out Use Pre-Built Journey Maps.
Add a send email with a survey action
If you’d like to gather more information from your contacts, send them an email with a Mailchimp survey. If a journey includes a series of emails, we recommend you separate them with time delays to avoid flooding your contacts with multiple messages at once.
To add a send email with a survey action to a journey map, follow these steps.
- Hover over the plus icon (+) on the step where you want the rule to occur, then click Add a journey point.
- In the action panel, click Send email with a survey.
- In the Send email with a survey pop-up, click Rename to edit the internal name for your email.
- Click Edit in the To & From field to change the To field, From name, or From email address.
- Click Edit in the Subject field to customize your subject line and preview text.
- Click Edit in the Schedule field to limit your sends to a certain day or time.
For example, if you know your audience is more likely to open emails on the weekend, you might choose to send on Saturdays and Sundays only.
- Click Edit in the Tracking field if you have Google Analytics connected to your Mailchimp account. Click the Google Analytics tracking checkbox to turn it on or off. Click the UTM parameters to edit their default values. To default back to the original values, click Reset Defaults.
This will edit Google Analytics tracking for the send email with a survey action only. To learn more about turning on tracking for all email actions in a customer journey, check out Integrate Google Analytics with Mailchimp.
- Click Edit Email Content.
- Click the Survey block that’ll link to your survey as you design your email in the new builder.
- In the side panel, click the Link to survey drop-down, then choose an existing survey or click Create Survey to make a new one.
- After you’ve added your survey and designed your email, click Continue to return to the Customer Journey Builder.
Nice work! When your contacts reach this point in the journey map, they’ll be able to visit your survey by clicking the Survey button in the email. Repeat these steps for additional survey actions in your journey map as needed.