Use Product Recommendation content blocks to send your contacts product suggestions from your online store. After you add or click a Product Recommendation block, choose whether to showcase tailored recommendations, best sellers, or your new products.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use Product Recommendation content blocks in the new email builder.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- This article tells you how to use Product Recommendation content blocks for the new builder. For more information on Product Recommendation content blocks in the classic builder, check out Use Product Recommendation Content Blocks in the Classic Builder.
- Product Recommendation content blocks are available to users who connect a supported e-commerce store or custom API 3.0 integration. To find out if your store supports this feature, visit the Integrations page, click the name of your integration, and check the Features list.
- To generate personalized recommendations, your connected store must meet certain purchase data requirements. If a store doesn't have enough purchase data, you can choose to show best sellers or new arrivals instead. To learn more, take a look at About Personalized Product Recommendations.
- If you add personalized recommendations to an email, recipients who haven’t made a purchase yet will see best sellers instead.
For more information on each email builder and their content blocks, check out About Mailchimp's Email Builders.
Use Product Recommendation content blocks
To use a Product Recommendation content block, follow these steps.
- Click a Product Rec block, or click and drag a Product Rec block into your layout from the side panel.
- In the Product Recommendation menu, choose Personalized Recs, Best Sellers, or New Arrivals.
- Click Next.
- On the Content tab, use the Number of recommendations drop-down to choose how many products to include.
- Click the Range to display drop-down to choose which products to show in the content block.
- Choose the Layout of your product images. You can also toggle the Optional details sliders to include or exclude a product Title, Price, or Button. Click the Color selector to change the block background color.
- On the Style tab, use the Font drop-down menus for Product Title and Product Price to change the font types.
You can Format, Align, and Color as needed.