Take the guesswork out of recommending the right products in your emails with Product Recommendation content blocks. Drag and drop the block into your layout, then choose to display personalized recommendations, best sellers, or new arrivals. After you send, check out revenue results in your report.
In this article, you'll learn how to use the Product Recommendation content block.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Product Recommendation content blocks are available to users who connect a supported e-commerce store or custom API 3.0 integration. To find out if your store supports this feature, visit the Integrations page, click the name of your integration, and check the features list.
- To generate personalized recommendations, your connected store must meet certain purchase data requirements. If a store doesn't have enough purchase data, you can choose to show best sellers or new arrivals instead. To learn more, take a look at About Personalized Product Recommendations.
- If you add personalized recommendations to an email, recipients who haven’t made a purchase yet will see best sellers instead.
- Custom API 3.0 integration users may have to wait up to 7 days after a store is connected before personalized and best seller recommendations are generated.
- To track purchases from a campaign, turn on e-commerce link tracking.
Insert a Product Recommendation block
In each Product Recommendation content block, you can promote up to 4 products from your connected store. Insert additional content blocks to promote up to 10 products total.
To insert a Product Recommendation content block, follow these steps.
- Click and drag the Product Rec block into your layout.
- In the Content tab of the editing pane, click the drop-down menu and choose a store that’s connected to the audience that will receive this campaign. If you only have one store connected to Mailchimp, we’ll preselect it for you.
- Choose Personalized Recommendations, Best Sellers, or New Arrivals.
Personalized recommendations are unique to each recipient, based on their past purchases. To generate personalized recommendations, we require your store to have at least 10 products, 50 customers, and 500 orders.
- Click the Number of recommendations drop-down menu and choose how many products to include.
- Click the Range to display drop-down menu to choose which products to show in the content block.
The first range option will always display the most relevant products to each recipient. If you include multiple Product Recommendation blocks, adjust the range to display the next batch of products and avoid duplicate recommendations.
- In the Optional details section, check the box next to the information you want to display about each recommended product and edit the button copy as needed.
Title: Include a product name.
Price: Include a product price.
Button: Add a call-to-action button.
- Click Save & Close.
Edit style and settings
To match the look of your campaign to your store branding, customize the layout and style of your Product Recommendation block. This helps recipients more easily recognize your brand and can increase confidence and engagement.
To style a Product Recommendation block, follow these steps.
- In your campaign layout, click the Product Recommendation block you want to work with.
- In the Style tab, customize the appearance of your block by setting your font and button styles, text alignment, and spacing.
To apply the style to any other Product Recommendation blocks in your layout, check the box next to Apply to all existing Product rec blocks.
- In the Settings tab, choose the layout of your product images, as well as the width and alignment of the buttons in the block.
- Click Save & Close.
Enable Dynamic Content
When you design an email, you can turn any content block into Dynamic Content that displays only for certain recipients. This helps you target different types of contacts at the same time with a single email.
To learn more about Dynamic Content and how to enable it in your content block, check out About Dynamic Content.
Test your Product Recommendation block
Since personalized product recommendations vary from person to person, test your campaigns thoroughly to make sure they look the way you expect.
Product images and titles are pulled directly from your store, and can sometimes be too large or too small for the content block layout you choose. Images in email campaigns look best when sized to a maximum width of 600 pixels.
To preview how personalized recommendations will look to certain people, enable live merge tag info in preview mode.