The RSS Header content block allows you to easily pull information from your RSS feed into your RSS campaign. Use in combination with the RSS Items block to automatically bring feed content, like blog posts, into your campaign layout. Based on the send options you set for your RSS campaign, we'll send out emails with new content as posts are added and the feed is updated.
In this article, you'll learn how to use RSS Header content blocks in the new builder.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
For more information on each email builder and their content blocks, check out About Mailchimp’s Email Builders.
Add RSS Header content blocks to your email
To add an RSS Header block, follow these steps.
- Click and drag the RSS Header block into your layout.
- On the Content tab, choose the style from the RSS Header Style drop-down menu. To edit the content within the RSS Header block, choose Custom.
Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced pull in preset RSS merge tags. Select show the markup to see the code that creates the preset content. This code cannot be edited, but it can be copied and pasted into a custom-coded template, or into the source code of a Text or Boxed Text block.
- Change Styles or select Save & Close if you're done editing the content block.
To edit the style for an RSS Header content block, follow these steps.
- In your layout, click the RSS Header block you want to work with.
- Click the Styles tab to set styles for the text, including font color, type, size and weight, line height, and text alignment. To apply the style to all RSS Header blocks in your email, check the box next to Apply to all existing RSS Header blocks.
- Click Save & Close.
Enable Dynamic Content
When you design an email, you can turn any content block into Dynamic Content that displays only for certain recipients. This helps target different types of subscribers at the same time with a single email.
To learn more about Dynamic Content and how to enable it in your content block, check out About Dynamic Content.