Customer Journey rules determine a contact's pace and path in your journey map. Use wait for trigger rules to pause your contacts in your customer journey until they meet a condition that you’ve set. Use these rules to keep contacts in place based on their purchase data, tags, campaign activity, or other segmentation option.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use wait for trigger rules.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- To learn more about customer journeys, how they work, and what you can do with your marketing plan, check out About Customer Journeys.
- A Customer Journey map can include up to 10 wait for trigger rules.
Add a wait for trigger rule
Prevent contacts from moving forward in your customer journey with a wait for trigger rule. For example, add a wait for trigger rule to hold contacts in place until a tag is added to their contact profile.
To add a wait for trigger rule to a journey map, follow these steps.
- Hover over the plus icon (+) on the step where you want the rule to occur, then click Add a journey point.
- In the action panel, click Wait for trigger.
- Choose the wait condition you want.
- Choose the specific settings for your condition.
- Click Save.
Well done! Repeat these steps to add additional wait for trigger rules to your journey map as needed.