The Image + Text content block adds up to two images to your email and up to four images in a landing page or website. Drag and drop the block into your layout and choose the images you want to share with your contacts.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use Image + Text content blocks in the classic builder.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- This article tells you how to use Image + Text content blocks for the classic builder. For more information on image content blocks in the new builder, check out our articles on Heading, Paragraph, Image, and Layout content blocks.
- You can add as many Image + Text content blocks as you need, but keep our image requirements in mind so your content displays as expected on both desktop and mobile devices.
- When you upload an image to the content studio, we change the file name to a unique identifier that can't be duplicated or changed.
- The content studio supports JPG, JPE, JPEG, GIF, PNG, and BMP image files.
- To embed one or more images without text, use an Image or Image Group content block. If you want a background behind your image and text, use the Image Card content block.
For more information on each email builder and their content blocks, check out About Mailchimp’s Email Builders.
Add Image + Text content blocks to your layout
To add an Image + Text content block, follow these steps.
- Click and drag the Image + Text block into your layout.
- Drag and drop an image from your computer into the Image + Text content block. Or, click Browse to open the content studio and choose an image.
- To use a previously uploaded image, click the image and click Insert.
- To use a file from your computer, click Upload, find the file you want, and click Open.
- To use an image that's saved online, click the drop-down menu next to Upload, and choose Import from URL. Input the URL, and click Import.
- After the image appears in the content block, Click Save & Close.
Edit style and settings
To make changes to the style and settings of an Image + Text block, follow these steps.
- In your layout, click the Image + Text block you want to work with.
- In the Content tab, add your text. If you paste content from an outside source, like a website or word-processing program, click the Clear Styles icon to remove any leftover styles.
- Next to the image thumbnail, choose an editing option.
- In the Style tab, set your font styles, text alignment, and spacing.
Check the box next to Apply to all existing Image + Text blocks to apply your style changes to all Image + Text blocks in your design.
- In the Settings tab, set the Number of images, Image position, and Image Alignment. To include two images in the content block, choose 2 then add your image and text in the Content tab.
If you choose Left or Right for Image position, choose an Image width.
- When you're done, click Save & Close.
Use Inline Content Generation
For customers on a Standard plan or higher, take advantage of Inline Content Generation to have custom subject lines and email copy created for you. This feature uses Intuit Assist, a generative AI tool that helps you create on-brand content with speed and efficiency based on prompts you provide. To learn more about this feature, check out Use Inline Content Generation.
Enable Dynamic Content
When you design an email, you can turn any content block into Dynamic Content that displays only for certain recipients. This helps target different types of subscribers at the same time with a single email.
To learn more about Dynamic Content and how to enable it in your content block, check out About Dynamic Content.