Inline Content Generation is a Beta generative AI tool that helps you craft unique marketing messages for your subscribed contacts. Use Inline Content Generation anytime you want fast and accurate help drafting and editing content that aligns with your brand’s voice and tone.
In this article, you'll learn how to access and use Inline Content Generation in Mailchimp.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Inline Content Generation is a beta feature that will initially be released to a small percentage of Mailchimp users.
- Inline Content Generation is included with the Standard plan or higher.
- Your account’s primary mailing address must be located in the United States.
- We recommend that you review the additional terms for Content Generator Beta before sending an email with generated content.
- This article tells you how to use a feature that’s available in our new builder. To learn how to use the new builder, check out Design an Email with the New Builder.
Without limiting the scope of the acceptable use policy, you agree not to use Generative AI to:
- Create or send any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, pornographic, invasive of another’s privacy, or is otherwise objectionable;
- Create or send any content related to alcohol, tobacco, weapons, cannabis, vaping, health, or financial advice;
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent an affiliation with a person or entity (or create or send any content that does so);
- Use or attempt to use Generative AI (or Inputs or Outputs) for any purpose that is in violation of any applicable law, would create any legal obligations or liability for Mailchimp, or is otherwise an infringement on the rights of any person or entity;
- Modify, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or reproduce any of the Mailchimp licensed or owned software, systems, applications or components used; or
- Use deceptive, misleading, or unethical practices that are or might be detrimental to Mailchimp or the general public, such as to disseminate misinformation and/or malware.
Without limiting any right of Mailchimp, we may immediately suspend or terminate your access to Generative AI or any content generated thereon.
How it works
Inline Content Generation works like a personal copywriter and editor wrapped into one content generating tool. With your input prompts as a foundation, use Inline Content Generation to help craft content that’s to your style and liking. For new content, Inline Content Generation will create copy based on your input and preferred tone. For your existing copy, use this tool to edit your text input, text length, tone, and the language of your copy. Use it to check spelling and grammar too.
Access Inline Content Generation
To locate the Inline Content Generation feature in the new builder, follow these steps.
- Within the new builder, drag a Paragraph or Heading content block into your layout. If your layout already has a Paragraph or Heading content block, click in the content block to edit it.
- When you add a new content block to the layout, a Write with AI button will appear. When editing a content block, the button will say Rewrite with AI.
Write with AI
Click Write with AI in a new Paragraph or Heading content block to use Inline Content Generation. The tool offers suggested content types and a tone selection dropdown. These options help craft your message. Type anything you want into the prompt box, but for the best results, we recommend clear and detailed input. The following list contains the prompts available to you:
- Thank you
- Bullet points
After you submit the prompt, review the generated content and add it to your email!
Rewrite with AI
For assistance with copy you’ve already written in your email, click Rewrite with AI to use Inline Content Generation for suggested changes. Add your own prompt, or choose from the following list of options when making edits:
- Change tone to
- Translate to
- Correct spelling & grammar
After you submit the prompt, review the generated suggestions and add it to your email!
I meet the requirements, but Inline Content Generation isn’t showing up in my account.
Inline Content Generation will initially be available to a limited number of accounts. Visit the Details page in your account settings to view the industry selection for your account.
I’m receiving a message saying my content has been flagged by your moderation tools.
Make sure that your content adheres to Mailchimp’s acceptable use policy.
I’m receiving a message saying “Something’s not right, please try again.”
The best thing to do if you come across this scenario while using this beta feature is to refresh your browser or try reentering your text. If the issue persists, try using the Inline Content Generator at a later time.
I’m receiving a message saying “Our generation tools need more information.”
The Inline Content Generator doesn’t have enough information from you to craft a message. Add more context to your input and be as detailed as possible about what you want to have generated.