Use Button content blocks in your email so users are able to visit the URL of your choice. Buttons are a great way to include a prominent call to action, like a “Buy now” button that links to a product in your store.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use Button content blocks in the new email builder.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
For more information on each email builder and their content blocks, check out About Mailchimp’s Email Builders.
Use Button content blocks
To use a Button content block, follow these steps.
- Click a Button block, or click and drag a Button block into your layout from the side panel.
- Add or edit your button text.
- Use the editing toolbar to choose your font and font size, then format your text.
- In the Button menu, Web address is selected by default in the Link to: drop-down menu. Enter an absolute URL that contains http:// or https://.
- Use the Button menu, to set your Alignment, Shape, Border, Colors, and Padding preferences.
- If you want to revert your content to your default styles for Buttons, click Restore default styles.
Types of links for Button blocks in the new builder
These types of links are available for Button blocks in the new builder.
- Email address
Create a mailto: link to send responses to a single email address when your contacts click the link. Enter your content for the Message Subject and Message Body, which will automatically populate when someone clicks the link to send an email.
- Web address
Create a link to any website. The URL must be an absolute link that contains http:// or https://. You can also use merge tags in the web field to create a link. Type or paste the merge tag into the Web field. When you create links such as the Forward to a Friend option, the merge tag creates a link to that form.
- Phone number
Type tel: followed by your phone number (tel:your number). Linked numbers may not work on every phone, so test your campaign before you send.
Link files from your content studio or device so contacts can download them.
- Landing page
A link to one of your Mailchimp landing pages. After you select Landing page, choose your audience and landing page from the drop-down menus.
Enable Dynamic Content
When you design an email, you can turn any content block into Dynamic Content that displays only for certain recipients. This helps target different types of subscribers at the same time with a single email.
To learn more about Dynamic Content and how to enable it in your content block, check out About Dynamic Content.