The Button content block creates a button in your campaign that links to a webpage or file to download. Buttons are a great way to call out a particular link in your campaign that you want recipients to click, such as to RSVP for an event or to visit your online store.
Include as many Button blocks as you need. Button blocks stack on top of each other and cannot be lined horizontally unless you are placing two buttons side by side in a two-column template. If you want more than one button per content block, upload buttons you created as image files and then link the images to URLs.
In this article, you'll learn how to add a Button content block to your campaign, and set styles and settings for the content block.
- The Title Attribute field is an advanced option that allows you to specify text to display when a recipient hovers over a button.
- The CSS Class field is an advanced option that allows you to assign a class for the link from your CSS style section. This requires you to add CSS styles to the template code or the source code for a Text or Code content block.
Change Style and Settings
To change the style and settings of the Button content block, follow these steps.
- In the Content section of the Campaign Builder, click Edit Design.
- On the Design step, click the Button block you want to edit.
- On the Style tab, set styles for the button and text under Button Style. A larger Border Radius value rounds your button's corners, while a value of 0 keeps the corners square.
Under Button Text , set the text color, font, font size and weight, letter spacing, and padding around the text. Select Apply To All Existing Button Blocks to apply these styles to all Button blocks in your campaign layout.
- On the Settings tab, choose the alignment and width of the button.
- Click Save & Close at the bottom of the editing window.