Mailchimp Sync for Eventbrite is a free extension for your Eventbrite account that can help you communicate with event attendees. Use Sync for Eventbrite to remind your contacts about an upcoming event. You can also sync your attendees to your Mailchimp audience, and view ticket purchase information in reports and contact profiles.
In this article, you'll learn how to connect, disconnect, and use Mailchimp Sync for Eventbrite.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- You need administrator-level permissions in Eventbrite to complete this process.
- Sync for Eventbrite supports all types of public events, and certain private event types. Invite-only events can't be shared with Mailchimp, but you can still sync event data to your audience.
- Eventbrite syncs to only one Mailchimp audience at a time, so you may have attendees for several events in the same audience.
- Only one email address can be saved per event purchase. If an attendee purchases multiple tickets at once, only one email address is added to your Mailchimp audience.
- Mailchimp Sync for Eventbrite has been updated with API 3.0 functionality so you can segment by purchase activity. However, Eventbrite does not support certain automations like Abandoned Cart, First Purchase, and Order Notifications.
- To view the e-commerce features supported by this integration, visit the Eventbrite listing in your account.
Connect Mailchimp Sync
To set up Mailchimp Sync for Eventbrite, follow these steps.
- Visit the Mailchimp Sync for Eventbrite page in the Integrations directory.
- Click Connect Now to begin the installation process.
- You'll be asked to log in to your Eventbrite account if you're not already logged in.
- If you have not previously given permission to connect Mailchimp Sync to Eventbrite, click Allow. Otherwise, click Connect with Mailchimp.
- In the pop-up modal, input your Mailchimp username and password, and click Log In.
- Choose whether to sync attendees from all events or selected events. If you choose Attendees from the selected events, check the boxes for the events you want to include.
- Select which audience you would like the attendees to be added to, or click Create new list to create a new audience.
- Click Start syncing.
Current and new attendees to your selected Eventbrite events will automatically be added to the selected Mailchimp audience.
View Site Details
After you install Mailchimp Sync for Eventbrite, you can visit the Connected Sites page in your account to view details for your Eventbrite connection. Here, you can see the status of the integration or add and manage e-commerce features.
After the sync is complete, you’ll have access to Mailchimp’s e-commerce features. You can create purchase-based segments to use with campaigns, track and report data, send custom product recommendations, and more.
Find out what Mailchimp has to offer with these guides:
View Eventbrite Data in Mailchimp
After you set up Mailchimp Sync for Eventbrite, you can view ticket buyers and their data in the following places.
When an attendee is added to your Mailchimp audience from Eventbrite, the following information is included in their contact profile.
- Profile Info
Attendee email address, first name, and last name.
Event information, like venue, event name, event organizer, topics, and sub-topics will appear as tags.
- Signup source
Attendee signup source will be noted as Eventbrite.
- E-commerce activity
Attendee's Eventbrite ticket purchases appear in the contact Activity Feed.
If an attendee's email address is already in your Mailchimp audience, Mailchimp Sync won't overwrite any data, but it will add their event ticket purchases to their activity.
Segment your audience by purchase activity to view contacts who purchased tickets to a particular event.
Create segments with tags to view contacts who have participated in Eventbrite events. These tags are categorized by venue, event name, event organizer, topics, and sub-topics.
When you create new events in Eventbrite, they will be stored as products in Mailchimp and available to review in the Content Studio.
Disconnect Mailchimp Sync
You can disconnect Mailchimp Sync from your Eventbrite and Mailchimp accounts at any time. After you disconnect Eventbrite in your Mailchimp account, be sure to remove Mailchimp Sync in Eventbrite as well. This will not remove contacts from your audience.
To disconnect Mailchimp Sync for Eventbrite, follow these steps.
- Log in to your Mailchimp account.
- Click your Profile name and choose Connected Sites.
- On the Eventbrite site details page, click Disconnect.
- In the Are You Sure? modal, click Continue.
- Choose a reason you want to disconnect your integration, and click Disconnect.
- Click your profile name and choose Account.
- Click the Extras menu and choose API keys.
- In the Authorized applications section, find Mailchimp Eventbrite Extension, and click the X icon.
- Log into your Eventbrite account.
- Click your profile icon and choose Account Settings.
- In the left navigation panel, click Organizer and choose Apps.
- Find Mailchimp Sync and click the trashcan icon.
- In the pop-up modal, click Disconnect App.