Mailchimp Import is an OSX application that exports addresses from your Mac Address Book into your Mailchimp account, including addresses pulled from Google Contacts and other outside sources. The app exports the first name, last name, and email address fields.
In this article, you'll learn how to set up Mailchimp Import and how to use it to export addresses to your Mailchimp account.
Set Up Mailchimp Import
To set up Mailchimp Import, follow these steps.
Export Addresses to Mailchimp
After you've connected the Mailchimp Import app to your Mailchimp account, you'll export your contacts.
To export your contacts to Mailchimp, follow these steps.
- Open the Mailchimp Import app.
- On the "Mailchimp Import" would like to access your contacts pop-up, click OK to grant us permission to access your Mac Contacts.
- Use the drop-down menu in the top-right corner to select the audience you'd like to export to.
- Click to select the contacts you want to export, then drag and drop them into the right column that says Drop Contacts Here.
- When you're finished adding contacts, check the Yes, these contacts have opted-in permission confirmation box.
- Click Import Contacts.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click Yes, Import.
When your contacts have exported to your Mailchimp account, we'll display a confirmation pop-up. Click Done to close the pop-up and return to Mailchimp Import. Click Details to view the results of your import. This displays the contacts you imported to your Mailchimp audience, and lets you see if contacts failed to import and why.
Third-Party Conversion Tools
If Mailchimp Import isn't compatible with your version of OSX, export your contacts as a vCard file and use a program to convert the file to a CSV or TXT file.
After you've converted your file, import your contacts.