To protect against accidentally adding invalid stale addresses to your audience, you can import contacts as unsubscribed to create a suppression list.
Each audience in your Mailchimp account is separate from the others, so your suppression list won't be global. You'll need to create a separate suppression list for each audience in your account.
In this article, you'll learn how to set up a suppression list from a CSV, TXT, or Excel file.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Suppression lists only require an email address field. Make sure your suppression import file does not contain additional fields or subscriber information.
- This suppression list process can't mark existing contacts as unsubscribed or cleaned. To mark existing subscribers as unsubscribed, use the bulk unsubscribe tool instead.
Import a suppression list
To import a suppression list, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Audience tab.
- If you have more than one audience, click the Current audience drop-down and choose the one you want to work with.
- Click the Manage Audience drop-down and choose Import contacts.
- Choose CSV or tab-delimited text file.
If your last import was a CSV with the same columns, you can click Use settings from last import, which will allow you to skip steps 8-10.
- Click Continue To Setup.
- Click Browse and choose the file from your computer.
- Click Continue To Match to go to the next step and match the columns in your import file to the fields in your Mailchimp audience.
If your import file contains only an email column, we’ll skip you to Organize (step 13).
- We’ll automatically match some columns in your import file. For example, the column that contains email addresses will match the required Email Address field.
- Click Edit to choose a different field type from the drop-down menu. To create a new field, click the drop-down menu and choose Create a new field.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 for all unmatched columns. You must match or skip all columns to complete your import.
- After you're finished matching, we'll display a success message.
- Click Continue To Organize.
- Optional: If you want to assign tags to all of your imported contacts, click the plus (+) icon in the Tag all contacts section and choose or create tags as needed.
- Optional: If you want to add your imported contacts to groups, navigate to the Add contacts to groups section and check the box next to each group that applies.
You’ll only see this option if you have groups in your audience.
- In the Choose status of these contacts section, click the drop-down menu and choose Unsubscribed.
- In the Update existing contacts section, leave the box unchecked unless your import includes contacts who are already in your audience.
- Click Continue To Review to confirm your import settings
- Click Import.
We'll display a success message to confirm your import.
To view your unsubscribed contacts at any time, create a new segment with these conditions: Email Marketing Status | is | Unsubscribed.