Mailchimp for Shopify automatically syncs customers and their purchase data to Mailchimp. Use Shopify data to create targeted campaigns, or use our e-commerce link tracking to track sales and measure your ROI.
In this article, you'll learn how to connect Mailchimp for Shopify, view your customers in Mailchimp, send an email from Shopify and disconnect the Mailchimp for Shopify app.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Each Shopify store must be connected to a separate list in your Mailchimp account. To connect multiple Shopify stores, connect each store to its own list. You cannot connect the same Shopify store to more than one list or Mailchimp account.
- To view the e-commerce features supported by this integration, visit the Shopify listing in your account.
- This integration is compatible with our API version 3.0.
- Shopify customers who haven't signed up for marketing emails will appear in your list as non-subscribed contacts, and can get transactional emails or social ads. However, these addresses can't be exported.
- When you disconnect a Shopify store from Mailchimp, the store's purchase data, and some list members, will be removed from your Mailchimp account within 30 days.
- To avoid seeing out-of-stock items in Product Recommendations, turn on inventory tracking in Shopify.
- If you decide to use our Order Notifications automation, choose not to send notifications from Shopify and elsewhere to avoid duplicate emails. To learn more, read Use Mailchimp Order Notifications With Shopify.
How it Works
Mailchimp for Shopify syncs your customers and their orders to your Mailchimp account. Product orders will be stored in contact profiles and campaign reports.
The first time you connect, existing Shopify store customers who agreed to accept marketing emails will be imported to your Mailchimp list as subscribed contacts. Customers who haven’t opted in to email marketing will be added as non-subscribed contacts. After that, we'll continue to import new customers as subscribed or non-subscribed based on whether they opt in to email marketing at checkout. To learn more about different contact types, read About Your Contacts
The sync adds each customer's first name, last name, email address, physical address, and company to your Mailchimp list.
If a contact unsubscribes from a campaign, or if you manually unsubscribe them, we’ll remove them from your Mailchimp list. Their marketing status in Shopify will not change.
To connect your Shopify store to a list in Mailchimp, follow these steps.
- Click your profile name, and choose Connected Sites
- Click Shopify.
- Click Connect.
- On the Shopify installation screen, click Add app.
- Enter the URL for your Shopify store, and click Log in.
- Enter your login credentials, then click Log in again.
- Click Connect existing account. If you don't have a Mailchimp account, click Create new account. After you verify your account information, you'll be prompted to create a secure password via email to activate your new account.
- Choose a Mailchimp list to connect to your store, and click Connect List.
That's it! After you connect Mailchimp for Shopify, you can view your store's details in the Connected Sites page in Mailchimp. From there you can change your synced list, send e-commerce automations to your customers, add a pop-up signup form to your store, and view reporting data.
Segment Shopify Customers
With Mailchimp for Shopify connected, you can create segments that target subscribers based on data like product purchased, total number of orders, or purchase date.
To segment your Shopify customers in Mailchimp, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Lists page in your Mailchimp account.
- Click the name of the list you want to work with.
- Click New Segment.
- Set the drop-down menus to Signup Source | source was | Mailchimp for Shopify.
- Click Preview Segment.
- Review the segment, and click Save Segment.
- In the pop-up modal, type a name for your segment, click Save.
After you connect to Shopify, you can do a lot with the the data you collect, like build segments, send automations, track purchases, and view results.
Find out everything Mailchimp has to offer with these guides.
To disconnect your Shopify store, you'll need to remove the site from Mailchimp and also remove the app from Shopify. When you disconnect a Shopify store from Mailchimp, the store's purchase data, and some list members, will be removed from your Mailchimp account within 30 days.
To remove your Shopify store from Mailchimp, follow these steps.
- Click your profile name, and choose Connected Sites.
- Click Disconnect.
- In the Are you sure? pop-up modal, click Continue to proceed with disconnecting your store.
To fully uninstall Mailchimp for Shopify, you'll also need to remove the app from your Shopify account. Check out Shopify's guide on How to Uninstall an App.