If you wonder about the best time of day or night to send emails, Send Time Optimization can take out the guesswork. Send Time Optimization uses data science to determine when your contacts are most likely to engage, and sends your emails at that time.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use Send Time Optimization.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- This feature is included with the Standard plan or higher.
- This feature can be used if there is enough data from your sent emails for us to calculate an optimal send time, and if there are more than five hours left in the day in the time zone set for the account.
- Send Time Optimization can be used with Mailchimp's regular, plain-text, A/B testing, and multivariate emails. This feature is not available in automated emails.
- Mailchimp’s Campaign Manager offers Optimize dates for email touchpoints. To learn more, check out About Campaign Manager.
How Send Time Optimization works
Mailchimp customers send a lot of email to a lot of people. Some of those people receive emails from more than one Mailchimp account, which means we have some data about their individual engagement patterns.
When you create an email and turn on Send Time Optimization, we’ll use this data to find an ideal time within 24 hours of your selected send date, and send your email at that time.
Learn about the science of Send Time Optimization.
Turn on Send Time Optimization
To use Send Time Optimization for your email, follow these steps.
- In the email builder, click Add Send Time.
- Scroll down to the Delivery date calendar and select a date that is at least 48 hours in advance.
- Click the Send Time Optimization radio button. Allow Mailchimp a few minutes to find an optimal time for your selected delivery date.
- Click Save.
If there's not enough data for an optimal time, click Cancel and choose another option.