Use the Signup Form content block to insert a simple signup form into your campaign layout. This content block is only available for landing pages, and is included in our signup landing page template.
In this article, you’ll learn how to add a Signup Form content block to your landing page, and customize its styles and settings.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Signup form blocks are only available for landing pages and you can only use one Signup Form block per landing page. Make sure you’re familiar with Landing Pages in MailChimp.
- The Signup Form block pulls its reCAPTCHA settings, opt-in method, and field labels from the list associated with your landing page. You can manage the available form fields in you list settings.
- If you've enabled GDPR-friendly fields on your signup form, those fields will also appear in the Signup Form block on your landing page. To learn more about how to set up GDPR fields, take a look at our article about how to collect consent with GDPR forms.
- The Signup Form block works a little differently on landing pages. Subscribers can sign up multiple times through the landing page Signup Form block, and it will not alter the signup source on your contact’s profile or create a duplicate profile.
- We strongly recommend you use an existing list for your landing pages, then use segments to target contacts based on signup source.
Insert the Signup Form Block
The Signup Form content block is included in the signup page template, but you can also add it to the product page template.
To insert the Signup Form content block, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Campaigns page.
- Click Create Campaign.
- Click Landing Page.
- Click and drag the Signup Form block into your campaign layout.
- Make changes on the Content, Style, and Confirmation tabs, or click Save & Close.
All set! Read on to learn more about the Content, Style, and Confirmation options available for the Signup Form block.
Customize the Signup Form Block
The Signup Form block can be used as-is, or you can customize it to fit your brand.
To customize the form fields, button text, block styles, and confirmation message follow these steps.
- Click the Signup Form block you want to work with.
- On the Content tab, check the box next to fields you want to add to your form.
- To rearrange the fields, click and drag the three dots icon.
If you've enabled GDPR-friendly fields on your signup form, you can choose to toggle the Require at least one option slider.
- Input the text for your form’s submit button. This is the button your contacts will click to sign up for your list.
- Click the Send to drop-down to choose where you want to send visitors when they click the button. You can choose to show visitors a confirmation message, send them to another landing page, or a web address.
Click the Preview confirmation state link to preview what your message will look like live on your page. If you have double opt-in enabled, the confirmation message can’t be customized, and new contacts have to check their email to confirm their subscription. You can change your opt-in method in your list settings.
- On the Style tab, choose the font and text color for your form labels. Here, you can also set the background color, hover color, border, and text styles for your button.
- On the Settings tab, choose the alignment and width of the button.
- Click Save & Close.