ATLANTA, June 15, 2023 - Today, Intuit Mailchimp (Nasdaq: INTU), the global leader in email marketing and automation*, announced the release of over 150 new and updated features to its platform to help marketers spend less time creating emails and reports, accelerate their e-commerce growth, and get more hands-on support. Some of the features that have recently launched or will be released soon include custom reporting and analytics, advanced segmentation, more e-commerce automations, customer journeys for Shopify merchants, SMS marketing, enhanced support options, and updates to Mailchimp’s Standard plan.
“We’ve been innovating for our customers at an incredible pace to help them grow their sales by creating personalized multi-channel marketing campaigns at scale,” said Intuit Mailchimp’s CEO, Rania Succar. “With this latest launch, we’re introducing new AI and automation features plus new services with a human touch designed to help our customers save time and accelerate growth.”
With these new features and updates, Mailchimp customers can expect to:
Reach More Customers with SMS Marketing
Coming soon, Mailchimp customers in the US will be able to use SMS marketing in Mailchimp (beta).** Mailchimp customers will be able to seamlessly integrate email, SMS marketing, automation, and data-driven insights to create personalized and effective marketing strategies for optimal results.
Intuit Mailchimp customer PERC Coffee leaned into analytics and branding to grow from a wholesale-first business to a thriving omnichannel coffee source with a loyal customer base. Customers can find PERC’s selection of coffees in their brick-and-mortar stores and on their website.
PERC Coffee joined Mailchimp’s beta test group for SMS and saw promising early results. “The first SMS campaign we sent with Mailchimp was a dedicated SMS campaign where we pushed out a call for sign-ups, ahead of an SMS-only flash sale,” said Alan Fischer, PERC’s co-owner. “We added over 100 people to our SMS audience in a couple days, and then had a 50% click rate on the flash sale message. Within the audience who clicked the link, we had a 91% conversion rate.”
Get More Personalized Support
Every Mailchimp paid plan now includes access to a team of specialists who are ready to help customers onboard, troubleshoot, and provide strategic guidance. 80% of marketers believe access to specialists to help onboard and make the most of their platform investment is valuable/very valuable when selecting a marketing automation platform (report)*, and Mailchimp specialists are here to support marketers at every step of their journey. Onboarding specialists will help Mailchimp customers set up automations, audience segmentation, and email designs so that they can get their first campaign out quickly and make the most of their investment.
Spend Less Time Creating Emails and Measuring Performance
- Easily measure performance, report on ROI, and identify trends with a new Email Analytics and Audience Analytics Dashboard. Go a step further by building your own Custom Reports with the metrics that matter most to view and compare previous e-commerce and campaign metrics and filter the report by a specific time frame, audience, campaign, and more.
- Design and create quality content with ease with over 75 new email templates (with that number growing to be over 100 soon), Dynamic Product Recommendation Feeds, Order Notifications, and promo codes block for e-commerce stores.
- Leverage generative AI-powered tools that help marketers create engaging content quickly and easily with Email Content Generator.
- Get a holistic view of marketing campaigns with new updates to Campaign Manager, a single source of truth for marketers. Now with new A/B and Multivariate Testing and social posting for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, Mailchimp customers will be able to make better and more informed marketing decisions across all of their marketing channels in a calendar view.
Accelerate E-commerce Growth
- Create e-commerce automations with 24 new starting points that will help Mailchimp customers drive more e-commerce and multichannel growth with Customer Journey Builder and Pre-built Journeys. These include the ability to connect webhooks and send an SMS message from third-party apps via webhooks to drive new customer growth and manage their audiences better.
- Out of those 24 new starting points, Mailchimp customers can leverage 12 new Shopify starting points available in Customer Journey Builder and Pre-Built Journeys based on real-time shopping activity once users have synced with Shopify’s Customer Events data. These enhanced triggers will help Shopify merchants nurture leads, increase their website traffic, re-engage customers and drive repeat purchases in one place.
- Engage with customers at scale with expanded options for segmenting customers, with enhanced Contact Profiles, Pre-Built Segments, an E-commerce Segment Builder, and the ability to exclude certain segments from a marketing campaign send.
Enjoy an Improved Standard Plan
Mailchimp has made updates to its Standard plan that will give marketers access to Multivariate Testing, Comparative Reporting, and Advanced Segmentation—features that were previously only available to Premium customers. Mailchimp Standard plan customers will have more features to help create more relevant and engaging content, the ability to quickly identify trends and put optimizations into action, a streamlined user experience focused on data-backed recommendations, and an improved customer support and onboarding experience to jumpstart customer and revenue growth.
Marketers using Mailchimp’s Standard plan will experience a streamlined look-and-feel to Mailchimp with a new dashboard, where they’ll see their integrations powering new insights, including personalized recommendations and next steps for their business. These recommendations will lead customers to pre-built segments and pre-built customer journeys, both powered by their data in Mailchimp, QuickBooks, Shopify, and other third-party integrations. From there, they can be connected with a support specialist or explore a self-guided tour of the Standard plan.
“We recently surveyed a group of marketers and found that 88% of them believe their marketing organization must increase its use of automation and AI to win***,” said Jon Fasoli, Chief Design and Product Officer at Intuit Mailchimp. “Our latest updates and refreshed Mailchimp Standard plan are tailored to give marketers the enhanced automation capabilities they need and are backed by a wealth of data to help them gain more customers and increase revenue.”