*Mailchimp Referral Program Terms
Updated April 22, 2020
- Introduction. These terms (“Terms”) apply to your access to and participation in Mailchimp’s Referral Program (“Program”). The Program provides Mailchimp account holders (“Referrers”) with the opportunity to receive bill credits for qualified referrals. Mailchimp, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to terminate, modify, add, end, or delete any of these Terms, this Program, benefits, offers, or rewards, in whole or in part, at any time, including during the Program, with or without notice. Any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting.
- Program Timing. This Program will run from 4/21/2020 to 12/31/2020.
- Benefits. Referrers may earn bill credits or other rewards or benefits, in an amount stated as part of the Program.
- Description. To qualify for bill credits, Referrers must perform and meet all of the following requirements: Have an active or paused Mailchimp account at all relevant times; Include the approved Program referral badge (“Referral Badge”) on (A) Referrer’s emails sent from Mailchimp or (B) a Mailchimp signup form. To learn more about how to include the Referral Badge on your emails or signup forms click here; and Users who are not on a paid Mailchimp monthly plan must sign up for a Mailchimp paid plan after clicking on a Referrer’s Referral Badge (a “New Paid User”). This must occur within the same browser session without navigating away from the Mailchimp website after clicking the Referral Badge.
Eligibility. To qualify as a Referrer, you must be a Mailchimp account holder. While free Mailchimp account holders may earn and accumulate bill credits, they cannot redeem them. To redeem bill credits, Referrers must be on a paid Mailchimp plan. If you start on a free Mailchimp plan, you may participate and upgrade to a paid Mailchimp plan to redeem earned bill credits. You will lose all accumulated bill credits and any other accrued benefits if you close your Mailchimp account. Redemption of bill credits are contingent upon good payment history and compliance with all Mailchimp terms of service, as determined in Mailchimp’s sole discretion. Existing Mailchimp users cannot refer themselves. Mailchimp employees, vendors, contractors, Mailchimp partners, and Mailchimp agencies are not eligible to participate in the Program.
Other important Program terms:
- Once on a paid Mailchimp plan, Referrer’s existing bill credits will automatically be applied to the next monthly bill as a line item discount. If the Referrer earns more bill credits than there are charges on their next monthly plan invoice then all excess bill credits will roll over to the following month’s monthly plan invoice. This cycle will continue until all bill credits are expended or Referrer becomes ineligible.
- Bill credits have no cash value and may only be redeemed as bill credits towards Mailchimp monthly plan costs, Mandrill Blocks, Pro credits, and Pay-as-you-go credits. Referrers cannot apply bill credits to postcards or domains and cannot receive a check, cash back, refund, or other forms of reimbursement for bill credit balances.
- Referrers may combine this offer with their pre-existing discounts and promotions.
- Other terms and conditions may apply to the Program promotion for Referees, as further detailed in the applicable promotional offer, which terms and conditions are hereby incorporated by reference.
- Mailchimp will not be liable in the event of any change, suspension, or discontinuation of the Program. Promotional awards received through the Program may be taxable to the recipient. Participants in the Program should contact their tax advisor. Offers void where prohibited by law.
- Any fraudulent submission or wrongful or fraudulent attempt by any person to obtain bill credits, benefits, or rewards, as determined by Mailchimp in its sole discretion, shall give Mailchimp the right to deny such request(s). Bill credits, rewards, and benefits cannot be sold, transferred, or assigned. Attempts to purchase, sell or transfer bill credits, rewards, and benefits in violation of these Terms may result in Mailchimp suspending, deactivating, or terminating the account and voiding the bill credits, rewards, or benefits, at Mailchimp's sole discretion.
- Liability Limitations. Mailchimp is not responsible for unintelligible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete submissions for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, ISP, website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Mailchimp is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Program, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized site access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like methods of attempting to participate in the Program will void all such requests and participant shall forfeit his/her account. Mailchimp is not responsible for any typographical errors in promotional materials or these Terms. Mailchimp is not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Program. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES; AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.