Purchase a custom domain with Mailchimp to bring your brand online and grow your audience. After you register your domain, use it to send email to your audience. If you're on a paid Websites & Commerce plan, use it to build landing pages, publish a website and create an online store.
In this article, you’ll learn how to purchase a domain, what domain options are available, and how much they cost.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Publishing a store or website on a purchased or connected custom domain requires a paid Websites & Commerce plan. To find out what features are included in each plan, check out our pricing page. To change your plan type, visit the plans page in your account.
- Domain purchasing may be subject to state and local sales tax.
- When you purchase a domain in Mailchimp, we add email authentication and other domain records for publishing web content by default.
- After you purchase a domain, if you do not respond to the follow-up domain verification email within 15 days, the domain will be suspended until verification is complete.
- It may take several hours before the purchased domain is available for use with a website, landing page, Google Workspace, or to send email.
- For information on how to renew or cancel your domain, check out Renew or Cancel Your Domain.
- To transfer a domain to or from Mailchimp, it must be at more than 60 days since the initial domain purchase or last domain transfer. Purchased domains can't be transferred between Mailchimp accounts.
How it works
Internet domains offered through Mailchimp are governed by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) and registered through Tucows. When you register, purchase, renew, or transfer a domain through Mailchimp, you agree to Tucows’ terms of service.
Your purchased domain will be registered for a year. We’ll notify you via email before your domain expires with an opportunity to renew at that time. Should you choose not to renew, but change your mind later, restoration fees may apply.
Every purchased domain includes free WHOIS privacy protection and a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate. This means that your personal information will not be searchable via WHOIS lookup for your domain, and the content of your website will be verified and encrypted.
Domain availability and pricing
We price our domains by the top-level domain or TLD. The TLD is the part of a URL that comes after the last period, like .com or .net. To purchase or transfer a domain to Mailchimp, the TLD must be one of the domains listed. Country code domains, such as .ca and .co.uk, as well as some other top-level domains, are unavailable to register or transfer into Mailchimp at this time.
Here's a breakdown of all top-level domains available for purchase and their lowest available pricing.
|Top Level Domain (TLD)||Total Cost Per Year ($USD)||Renewals & Transfers ($USD)|
Please note that these prices are subject to change and may vary based on the domain name chosen.
Purchase a domain
To purchase a domain with Mailchimp, follow these steps.
- Click the Website icon.
- Click Domains.
- In the Your Mailchimp Custom Domains section, click Search For New Domain.
- On the Find step, search for available domains.
We’ll display available domains along with their annual cost. Any available discounts will be displayed, which eligible accounts can claim.
- Click the domain you’d like to register.
- On the Register step, complete the required domain registration form.
- Click Register Domain.
- On the Email step, type in the email address you'd like to use with your new domain and click Create Email.
If you don’t want to create an email, click Skip for Now and continue to step 10.
- Next, you’ll decide whether you want to create a Google Workspace account for your new email address, or create a basic email forwarding address with no inbox.
If you choose Google Workspace, you’ll select a billing plan and set up a password before completing your domain registration with Mailchimp. To learn more about this option, read our article on how to Use Google Workspace with Mailchimp. If you choose basic email forwarding, we’ll ask you to accept some additional terms before you check out.
- On the Checkout step, review your billing details and click Pay Now.
Well done! We’ll send a receipt to the billing email address on the Mailchimp account. If you purchased the Google Workspace add-on, you'll also receive an email at your account's primary email address to help you complete the setup process.
Verify your purchased domain
To use your purchased domain past the 15 day grace period, you'll need to verify it to avoid any service disruptions.
We’ll send a verification email to the address you used to register your domain. In the email, click the Verify Domain button. On the next page, click Verify Information to go to your purchased domain success page in Mailchimp.
- If you do not verify your domain within 15 days, the domain will be suspended until verification is completed.
- If you have previously verified a domain using the same email address, your new domain may automatically verify without sending the verification email.
Manage other domain settings
If you purchase a domain in Mailchimp, here are some other tasks our Support team may be able to help you with.
- Change domain nameservers
- Transfer third-party domains to Mailchimp
- Update WHOIS records
- Add forwarding or masked forwarding to your domain
- Update your Google Workspace billing information
You can contact our Support team directly from the Domains Overview page in your account.
After you purchase a domain in Mailchimp, use it with your website or landing pages. Here are some guides to help you get started.
Create a website
Build your presence on the internet and grow your audience with our website features.
Create a store
Add an online store to sell your products. Creating a store in Mailchimp allows you to add store pages to your existing website. You can then add and sell as many products as you want.
Create and schedule appointments
Invite your contacts and customers to book 1:1 appointments with you and your business.
Create a landing page
Share a limited time marketing campaign with your potential customers and tell them more about what you have to offer.