If you want to sell products on your Mailchimp website, add an online store that displays everything you have to offer. After you make a sale, you can track your orders and notify your customers that their purchases are on their way.
In this article, you'll learn how to create an online store in Mailchimp.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Be sure you’re familiar with how Mailchimp stores work. To learn more, check out About Your Store in Mailchimp.
- This feature requires Stripe to process payments. To help you get started, take a moment to learn how to Connect or Disconnect Stripe.
- Publishing a store or website on a custom domain requires a paid Websites & Commerce plan. To find out what features are included in each plan, check out our pricing page.
- At this time, Mailchimp stores are available only to users with businesses based in the United States or the United Kingdom making domestic sales and shipments.
- At this time, this feature does not support inventory tracking or product variants.
- Before you publish your store for the first time, you will need to review and accept these additional terms.
Create a store
To get started, you’ll name your store and add your first product. After that, you can include details about your business, add more products, set up payment processing, and publish your store to the web.
We'll automatically generate a product listing page to your website, as well as a product detail page for each item you offer, a shopping cart and a checkout process powered by Stripe.
If you don't have a Mailchimp website yet, we'll make one for you while you set up your store. This includes a default home page with a navigation menu and placeholders for information about your brand and products.
In this section, you'll learn how to create and publish your Mailchimp store.
To start building your store, follow these steps.
- Click the Website icon.
- Click Store.
- Click Start Your Store.
- Enter the name of your store and click Continue.
- On the Add a Product step, click Choose Image to upload an image from your computer.
- Enter your Product Name, Price, and Description.
- When you're done, click Save Product.
This will take you to the stores dashboard, where you can manage your store details and add additional products.
Nice work so far! Your store is created and you've added your first product. You can choose to add more products now, or continue the setup process.
Check address, shipping, and payment details
Before you can publish your store, we’ll need some additional information about your business. You’ll also need to make sure Stripe is connected to process your payments.
To review your business address, shipping, and payment details, follow these steps.
On the Store dashboard, review the address listed for your business and click Confirm Address.
Be sure to include a suite, apartment, or floor number if applicable. To make changes, click Edit.
Click Set Up Shipping.
Enter your standard shipping rate and click Save.
If you want to offer free shipping, enter 0 into the standard rate field. You also have the options to Add expedited shipping and Add rush shipping.
When you're done, click the Back to Store Setup.
If you haven't connected Stripe to process payments, click Connect to Stripe.
- Follow the steps to create or connect a Stripe account to Mailchimp. For additional help, check out our Connect or Disconnect Stripe article.
Excellent! Your store is now ready to go live. The only thing left to do is preview how it looks and publish it to the web.
Preview and publish
After you fill out all the required information for your business, connect your Mailchimp account to Stripe, and design your web pages, it's time to get your store online.
- On the store dashboard, click Preview to review the layout of your store before publishing.
- When you're ready, click Publish Store.
Great job! Now website visitors can view and purchase the products in your store.
Add more products
You can add more products to your store at any time.
To add a product to your store, follow these steps.
- Click the Website Icon.
- Click Store.
- Click Add New Product.
- Click Choose Image to upload an image from your computer.
- Enter a Product Name, Price, and Product Description.
- If you're not ready to share this product with your visitors, click the Hide this product checkbox.
- When you're done, click Save Product.
Good work! Your new product is now saved to your store.
Your store is up and running. Now what? Here are a few ways you can make the most of this feature.
Style your store and add more pages
Design your store to match your business's brand and message.
Add more pages to your website
Grow your website with new content and additional web pages. When you keep your website up to date, you’ll build your audience and encourage repeat visits. To learn how to add and manage web pages, check out Manage Your Website in Mailchimp.
Add a pop-up signup form
A pop-up signup form helps you connect with your store visitors. Design and customize it to fit your brand, and add special offers or discounts to help grow your audience and boost sales. To learn more, check out Add a Pop-Up Signup Form to Your Website.
Promote your store
Promote and share your new store through marketing campaigns in Mailchimp. Run an ad for your website. Link to your store from a regular email campaign. You can also share your store URL on social media.
We’ll start to compile reporting data for your website as people visit your store. You can see who visits your website, clicks links on your web pages, and subscribes to your emails.
Disable your store
You can disable your store pages without making changes to the rest of your website. Keep in mind that as long as a store is offline, you will not be able to receive orders.
To disable your store in Mailchimp, follow these steps.
Click the Websites Icon.
Click the dropdown next to Preview Store and choose Disable Store.
In the pop-up, click Disable Store & Republish Site to confirm.
All done! When you’re ready to activate your store again, navigate back to your store dashboard and click Enable Store.