MailChimp Subscribe for Android provides design tools to customize the look and feel of your forms. You can choose the layout of your form, use your own logo, and manage the form's fonts and colors.
In this article, you'll learn about Subscribe's design tools and how to customize the look of your forms.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Before you can customize a form's design, create a form in MailChimp Subscribe.
- You can't add, delete, or edit list fields in MailChimp Subscribe. Any changes to list fields must be made in your MailChimp account.
- To sync your contacts properly, any fields that are required in your MailChimp list must be required on your Subscribe signup form.
- We'll save all your changes automatically as you edit your form.
About the Design Tools
You can customize the background and layout of your form, change the logo, and edit the font styles and form field settings.
When your form is in Edit mode, the design toolbar appears at the top of the screen. The tools available to edit your background and layout display by default. Tap any element on your form to open the customization tools for that element.
To edit a form, locate the form you want to work with on the Forms List, and tap Edit in the lower-right corner of the form.
Background and Layout
To customize the background of your form, choose an image from your device or use Subscribe's color picker to set a background color.
In landscape mode, you can edit the layout of your form, so your logo appears on the left, centered above your form, or to the right. In portrait mode, the logo always displays centered above your form.
To customize the background and layout for your form, follow these steps.
- To change the location of your logo, tap the Format icons in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- To select a background for your form, tap the Image icon in the toolbar, and choose a background color or tap the IMAGE tab to select an image from your device.
To enter a hex color value, tap the text box in the lower-right corner.
- Tap anywhere on your form to close the menu.
To change your form logo from MailChimp Subscribe's default image, follow these steps.
- Tap the image to edit it.
- Tap the Show icon in the upper-right corner to hide the image, or tap the Image icon to choose a different image from your device.
- When you're done, tap the checkmark in the upper-left corner.
To edit the font used in your form fields, or other field settings like visibility, follow these steps.
- Tap any field on in the form area to edit the form fields.
- Tap the List icon to edit the form field settings.
- In the pop-up modal, tap the View icon for any field to make it hidden or visible on your form. Tap the asterisk to make a field required. Make sure all fields that are required in your MailChimp signup form are also required on your Subscribe form.
- To reorder your form fields, tap and hold the six dots icon for any field to drag it to a new location.
- To enter a default merge value for a field, tap the name of the field, and input a default value in the text box. For groups, choose a default group name.
- Tap CONTINUE to return to the Form Field settings.
- When you're finished, tap Form Fields in the upper-right corner.