When the you take time out of the office, it gives your team the chance to shine. Co-workers or employees can take on more responsibility and prove what they can do. Empower them to succeed while you’re gone—that way, all of you can really relax and enjoy your vacation.
Prepare your team for success
Before you catch a beach-bound or ski slope-destined flight, you should make sure your team and your tools are set up to run the show while you’re gone.
Your team will need a few things from you before you go:
- A plan. Delegate specific tasks to specific people and give them the details they need to get the job done.
- A way to get in touch. Whether you plan to check in regularly or only in an emergency, set up an app like Slack to make communication easy.
- Access. Give your people access to the documents and tools you normally use, like stuff in your Mailchimp account, Google Drive or Dropbox.
Fortunately, it’s easy to share access to your Mailchimp account. Before you leave town, create multi-user logins in your account for the people you’re leaving in charge of your marketing outreach. You can even set up levels of permissions so that your co-workers access only what they need.
Automate your work
And whether you have a team or you’re flying solo, you can automate your marketing to keep things going and and take repetitive work off of your hands.
- Turn on abandoned cart emails. People often put stuff in their cart but then fail to check out. When you turn on our abandoned cart automation, you can automatically remind shoppers what they’ve left behind and encourage them to buy it—that way you’ll make more money for your next getaway.
- Set up a welcome automation in 1 click. You don't have to go online to greet every new subscriber—set up a welcome automation to do the greeting for you. Turn on the automation with just 1 click to tell every newcomer what they need to know about your brand.
- Automate order notifications. If someone buys something while you're vacationing, you still want them to have all the information they need about their order. You can make this an instant part of the checkout process by simply turning on order notifications. You can even add product recommendations to bring them back for more shopping.
- Use date-based automations. Whether it's triggered by a birthday, a sign-up anniversary, or a membership renewal, date-based automations will help you build personal relationships with people in your audience (even when you're personally unavailable).
With all of this preparation, you can leave town with peace of mind. But just in case, be sure to download the mobile app on your phone so that you can check on everything while you’re away.