Mailchimp for Shopware adds your customers and their order information to your Mailchimp account. Use Shopware purchase data to send targeted campaigns, generate custom product recommendations, track and measure campaign ROI, and more.
In this article, you'll learn how to connect and use Mailchimp for Shopware.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you start this process.
- The Shopware integration works with versions of Shopware 5 or higher.
- Shopware customers sync to your Mailchimp account as subscribed contacts.
- To change which audience syncs with Shopware, you’ll need to disconnect the integration and choose a new audience when you reconnect.
- The time it takes to sync will depend on the number of customers, products, orders in your store.
How it works
When you connect your Shopware store to Mailchimp, we’ll add each of your Shopware customer email addresses and orders to your Mailchimp account. Product orders will be stored in contact profiles and campaign reports.
About Shopware tags
Mailchimp for Shopware also syncs certain Shopware data as tags in your audience.
- Business or private If a customer has a company name associated with their billing address, we’ll tag them as a business contact. If not, we’ll tag them as private.
- Product categories When someone buys a product from a certain category in your Shopware store, we’ll tag them with the category name.
To view Shopware contacts who we’ve identified as business or private, or who purchased products from a certain category, create a segment based on the related tag.
You can also send an email to the segment, or save the segment as a CSV file on your computer.
To connect the Shopware integration, follow these steps.
- Go to the Mailchimp for Shopware listing and click Connect Your Store.
- Enter your Mailchimp login credentials and click Log In. After you log in, you'll be directed back to the Shopware integration.
- Enter your Shopware store URL and click Submit.
- Enter your Shopware username and API key, then click Submit.
- Choose an existing Mailchimp audience and click Submit.
Nice! Your store will begin to sync to your Mailchimp account. The time it takes to sync will depend on the number of customers, products, and orders in your store.
View site details
In your Mailchimp account, you can visit the Connected Sites page to view the site details for your store, which allows you to quickly see the status of the integration or add and manage e-commerce tools.
To view your site details, follow these steps.
From here, you'll be able to view your synced audience, or add and monitor e-commerce automations that use data from your connected Shopware store. If you have connected your Mailchimp account to multiple stores, you can switch between them by clicking on Switch site.
To disconnect the integration, you will need to delete the connection in the Shopware app and remove Shopware’s authorization in Mailchimp.
Delete the integration in Shopware
To delete the Integration in Shopware, follow these steps.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click Delete Integration.
After your store is disconnected, you will need to remove Shopware’s API authorization in Mailchimp.
Remove Shopware in Mailchimp
To remove Shopware’s API access, follow these steps in your Mailchimp account.
- Log in to Mailchimp with a web browser.
- Click your profile name and choose Account.
- Click the Extras drop-down menu and choose API keys.
- In the Authorized applications section, click the X next to Shopware.
That’s it! After you’ve revoked API key access, Shopware will be disconnected.